Adult Attachment Theory Understanding the latest findings. Mark A. Young, Ph.D. Director of Marriage and Family Counseling Program. Having close connections is vital to every aspect of our health – mental, emotional, and physical. Hawkley – U. of Chicago
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Adult Attachment TheoryUnderstanding the latest findings
Mark A. Young, Ph.D.
Director of Marriage and Family Counseling Program
1. An affectlessness, the relationship appears to be emotionally dead. There is no joy, no affection, no humor. They are unresponsive to one another.
2. People are like passing ships in the night. They miss each other, no connecting affectively. No passion. They are emotionally unavailable.
3. They do not seem like close friends.
4. There is a lot of tension. There are low levels of negative affect, but they do not escalate.
5. They keep saying everything is okay, but they appear to not feel entitled to their complaints about the relationship
6. There is little attempt on the part of either person to soothe the other.