Welcome to my class!. 江苏省扬中高中 马纪华. Unit 7 Reading BORN DYING. Group work: Predict. Raise possible questions, which, in your opinion, will be answered in the text. Listen to the text and tell whether the following statements are true or false. T.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Raise possible questions, which, in your
opinion, will be answered in the text.
Listen to the text and tell whether the following statements are true or false.
1. There are millions of children in the world living with AIDS.
2. People immediately die when they are infected with HIV virus.
3. AIDS can be transmitted by shaking hands with people with AIDS.
4. It is dangerous to talk and eat with someone who has AIDS.
5. Though infected with AIDS, Xiaohua can still live a beautiful life.
6. The disease is the only thing that AIDS patients have to suffer from.
1) Work out the main idea of each paragraph.
2) Understand the detailed information of the
text and get ready to answer some questions.
3) Underline the difficult words and
expressions that you don’t understand.
Xiaohua is a person living with AIDS.
What is AIDS?
How do people get AIDS?
Many children become infected with AIDS.
Xiaohua has a right attitude towards her disease.
Xiaohua helps AIDS patients and tries to change people’s attitude to them.
Xiaohua has learned to live happily.
Subjunctive mood (虚拟语气)
I don’t remember much about my mother, for she died shortly after I was born.
I won’t live long enough to have a job; and I can’t become a doctor.
I’m not you.
What can we do to help the AIDS patients and the people infected with HIV?