NIGERIAN TOBACCO CONTROL STRATEGY PLANNING MEETING . Lagos 16-19 May 2005. Goals for the Training. Develop basic strategy planning skills for advocacy, including an understanding of how to use the media for advocacy purposes . Goals (cont.).
Related searches for NIGERIAN TOBACCO CONTROL STRATEGY PLANNING MEETING
16-19 May 2005
2. Identify 3 key priority issues for joint advocacy efforts by the Nigerian tobacco control community.
3. Develop a concrete, issue-specific action plan for each priority (including roles for individuals, organizations, coalitions or other modes of collaborations).
1. Gain knowledge about the tobacco control situation in Nigeria
2. Understand the main elements of the FCTC, their scientific and economic underpinnings, and be able to argue in favor of the FCTC and dispel the myths associated with tobacco control
3. B behind the main provisions of the FCTC, be able to argue in favor of these provisions, counter tobacco industry misinformation and dispel the myths associated with tobacco control.ecome familiar with the strategy planning process
4. Choose 3 concrete advocacy objectives