. . . The following slides contain one of the following types of irony. As you view the slides, decide which type of irony you think is being used in the slide.Dramatic Irony: The reader or audience knows something the character does not.Verbal Irony: The writer or speaker says one thing, but really means something completely different. The statement takes on a double meaning.Situational Irony: What is expected to happen is the opposite of what occurs..
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Irony Frosh Laptop English
2. The following slides contain one of the following types of irony. As you view the slides, decide which type of irony you think is being used in the slide.
Dramatic Irony: The reader or audience knows something the character does not.
Verbal Irony: The writer or speaker says one thing, but really means something completely different. The statement takes on a double meaning.
Situational Irony: What is expected to happen is the opposite of what occurs.
3. Irony 1 What type of irony?
4. Irony 2 What type of irony?
5. Irony 3 What type of irony?
6. Irony 4 What type of irony?
7. Irony 5 What type of irony?
8. Irony 6 What type of irony?
9. Irony 7 What type of irony?
10. Irony 8 What type of irony?
11. Irony 9 What type of irony?
12. Irony 10 What type of irony?
13. Ironic Alanis Morisette An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic... don't you think?
14. Ironic Alanis Morisette It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures
15. Ironic Alanis Morisette Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well isn't this nice..."
And isn't it ironic... don't you think?
16. Ironic Alanis Morisette Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face
17. Ironic Alanis Morisette A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic... don't you think?
A little too ironic... and yeah I really do think...
18. Life’s True Ironies: The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska was $80,000. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later they were both eaten by a killer whale.
A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe, leaving her mentally retarded.
In 1992, Frank Perkins of Los Angeles made an attempt on the world flagpole-sitting record. Suffering from the flu, he came down eight hours short of the 400-day record, to find that his sponsor had gone bankrupt, his girlfriend had left him and his phone and electricity had been cut off.
A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood by the back door, breaking his arm in two places. Till that moment he had been happily listening to his Walkman.
Two animal rights activists were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.