UNIT 5 : TECHNOLOGY AND YOU LANGUAGE FOCUS 1. Aim Distinguishing the sounds // and /u:/ 2. Objectives By the end of the lesson, Ss will be ale to : - Pronounce the sounds /u/ and /u:/ clearly and correctly
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
UNIT 5 : TECHNOLOGY AND YOU
Distinguishing the sounds // and /u:/
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be ale to :
- Pronounce the sounds /u/ and /u:/ clearly and correctly
- Use the present perfect and present perfect passive appropriately.
Textbook, whiteboard markers,…
4. Anticipated problems
Ss may confuse the present perfect and present perfect passive.
UNIT 5 : TECHNOLOGY AND YOU LESSON : LANGUAGE FOCUS
Put the words under the appropriate heading
NURSE , TEACHER , BOOK , PARK , MUSEUM , GARAGE ,
PROFESSOR , LETTER , SUBJECTS, LANGUAGE , HEADMASTER , LAB
Pronunciation :/ u / and / u: /
/ u / : First pronounce the sound/ a /then put the back of your tongue forward and up a little . / u /is a short sound .
Pick out of the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words .
1.A. you B. beautiful C. cook D. football 2. A. cool B. food C. soon D. full 3. A. too B. fruit C. pull D. June 4. A. book B. foot C. look D. fool 5. A. tooth B. should C. school D. shoe
1. A. you B.beautiful C. cook D. football
2. A. cool B.food C. soon D. full
3. A. too B.fruit C. pull D. June
4. A. book B.foot C. look D. fool
5. A. tooth B.should C. school D. shoe
Write in your exercise book what you think Tan has done before Quang comes .a) Tan has opened the door .b) Tan has turned on the TV .c) Tan had tidied the house .d) Tan has cleaned the floor .e) Tan has turned on the lights . f) Tan has laid two bottles of water on the table .
b) The present perfect tense passive voice .
A :S + HAVE / HAS + PP + O .
HAVE / HAS +
(BY + O )
Exercise 2 / 61 : before Quang comes . Build sentences after the model
Eg : new / bridge / build / across the river .
A new bridge has been built across the river .
1/ A new hospital for children has been built in our city .
2/ Another man-made satellite has been sent up into space .
3/ More and more trees have been cut down for woods by farmers .
4/ Thousands of animals have been killed in the forest fire .
5/ About one hundred buildings and houses have been destroyed in the earthquake .
6/ More than 50 films have been shown in Hanoi since June .
7/ Their hands have been washed and dried on a towel .
8/ Another book has been read by the students .
9/ Some ink has been spilt on the carpet .
10/ She has been shown how to do it .
c) Relative pronouns : before Quang comes .WHO , WHICH , THAT .
WHO , WHICH , THAT : Can be used in place of noun subjects and noun objects .
* WHO : Refers to people .
* WHICH : Refers to things .
* THAT : Replaces for WHO , WHICH in the restrictive clause .
* When they refer to subject , or object , they can normally be omitted .
Eg : 1/ This is the man who(m) I like .
2/ These are the machines which my uncle repaired .
Exercise 1/ 61 : Fill in the blank with : WHO , WHICH , or THAT
1. A clock is an instrument which tells you the time .
2. A fridge is a machine which is used for keeping food fresh .
3. April 1st is the day which is called April Fool’s Day in the West .
4. A nurse is the person who looks after patients .
5. A teacher is a person who gives lessons to students .
6. A blind person is the one who can not see anything .
7. The man who(m) you visited last month is a famous scientist .
8. Please think of the word which/that comes from a foreign language into Vietnamese .
9. These are the pictures which my son drew when he was young .
10. Can you help me find the man who saved the girl ?
1. Make 5 sentences with the present perfect tense .
2. Make 5 sentences with relative pronouns : WHO, WHICH, THAT .
3. Prepare Unit 6 : READING .