MARINE RESOURCES In PAKISTAN: . Sadia Tahir. Marine Resources.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
from the Indian border on the east to the Iranian border in the west.
Pakistan and their livelihood resources are under constant threat of depletion. About 90% of the households in the coastal communities rely on fishing and other fisheries related activities (Siddiqi 2007)
• Promote education and research in marine science and technology.
• Development, management and sustainable utilization of all coasta marine resources. education, research and technology development
• More funding for ocean/marine
• Substantial ocean resources should be mapped and studied.
• Incentives should be provided for private investments fo promotion of ocean technologies.
• Economic management of coastal marine areas and sustainable use of marine resources
• Improved institutional capacity and effectiveness in coastal marine resources management along the coast.
PAKISTAN BUSINESS REVIEW JANUARY 2011
Nuzhat Khan; National Institute of Oceanography, Karachi