MARINE RESOURCES In PAKISTAN: . Sadia Tahir. Marine Resources.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
MARINE RESOURCES In PAKISTAN:
from the Indian border on the east to the Iranian border in the west.
Pakistan and their livelihood resources are under constant threat of depletion. About 90% of the households in the coastal communities rely on fishing and other fisheries related activities (Siddiqi 2007)
• Promote education and research in marine science and technology.
• Development, management and sustainable utilization of all coasta marine resources. education, research and technology development
• More funding for ocean/marine
• Substantial ocean resources should be mapped and studied.
• Incentives should be provided for private investments fo promotion of ocean technologies.
• Economic management of coastal marine areas and sustainable use of marine resources
• Improved institutional capacity and effectiveness in coastal marine resources management along the coast.
PAKISTAN BUSINESS REVIEW JANUARY 2011
Nuzhat Khan; National Institute of Oceanography, Karachi