Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Response to Catastrophic Personal Injury Loss Workers’ Compensation Conference
Detroit, MI ~ May, 2000
Presented by Kristin Hoffman,
McCord Winn Textron
2. All of the sudden... The dreaded phone call comes (to you, we hope!).
You have just been “elected” the organizational coach.
Your initial reaction…collect data!
Stop & think.
You will need every skill you have - and some you don’t have.
Your next word/action determines your future!
3. Initial Responsibilities of the “Coach” Scene Safety is #1 priority.
Gain composure & take control:
Direct scene safety & area isolation.
Calm things down.
4. Today’s Discussion... We will not talk today about the principles of accident investigation.
We will talk about “response” - an organized system for crisis management.
We are talking about sound management principles (planning, organizing, leading, & controlling) for an unorganized occurrence in our facility.
5. The potential for catastrophic PI Loss exists at all plants…even in the best of Safety & Health processes! Falls
Caught in machines
Motor vehicle crashes
6. Crisis Management Use your own “crystal ball.”
What resources will you need to manage the crisis?
A phone, fax, notebook and pen.
7. Every catastrophic personal injury loss is different, But the management principles are similar.