Community Participation in Public Schools: Impact of Information Campaigns in three Indian States Priyanka Pandey, Sangeeta Goyal & Venkatesh Sundararaman South Asia Human Development World Bank. Policy context.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Community Participation in Public Schools: Impact of Information Campaigns in three Indian StatesPriyanka Pandey, Sangeeta Goyal & Venkatesh SundararamanSouth Asia Human DevelopmentWorld Bank
Summary of Baseline 2006
-behavior (improvement in teacher attendance and activity)
- process (improvement in participation of committee/parents)
- delivery of entitlements (stipend, uniform, mid day meal)
-few learning outcomes
- starting points at baseline
- some states give more local oversight than others
- community discussed the information they were given
- community brought up issues with teachers and school committees