The Cold War. 2 Superpowers: USA vs. USSR. 1945-1991. USSR wants to spread communism all over Eastern Europe USSR refuses to give up its portion of Germany (& of Berlin ) Germany becomes 2 countries East – Communist West – Democratic Berlin was also divided East – Communist
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Soviet Union annexed several surrounding countries. Winston Churchill called it an “IronCurtain” to describe the separation of Europe
1. different . . .Truman Doctrine
lead the fight against communism
What a great plan! I am a genius!The US Response-5 Strategies
2. different . . .Containment
HELP THEY’RE CONTAINING ME!
3. Stop different . . .the Domino Theory
4. different . . .MarshallPlan
5. They form the North different . . .Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
1. The Soviet Union created a different . . .blockade (blocking railroads and trucks) around Berlin to keep supplies from coming into the democratic part of Berlin. They hoped to force the Allies to give up control of Berlin to the Soviets.
Berlin Wall different . . .Germany in 1961
3. They formed the different . . .Warsaw Pact