Vehicle License Plate Detection Algorithm Based on Statistical Characteristics in HSI Color Model. Instructor : Dr. K. R. Rao Presented by: Prasanna Venkatesh Palani (1000660520) email@example.com. Introduction.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Vehicle License Plate Detection Algorithm Based on Statistical Characteristics in HSI Color Model
Instructor : Dr. K. R. Rao
Presented by: Prasanna Venkatesh Palani
1) Input Image (RGB) is converted to HSI color model.
2) Plate information is used to identify the candidate region.
3) Shape properties of the candidate region are used to reduce the number of license plate like candidate regions.
As shown in Fig 5, the license plate detection involves the following steps
Color segmentation result
Detected candidate after filtering
Candidate region detection
6. R. C. Gonzalez, and R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Third Edition. Prentice Hall, N.J., 2008.
7. O.Serkan and E.Ergun, "Automatic Vehicle Identification by Plate Recognition," Proceedings of World Academy of Science,Engineering and Technology, Vol 9, pp.222- 225, Nov 2005.
8. M.M.I.Chacon and S.A.Zimmerman , "License plate location based on a dynamic PCNN scheme," Proceedings of the International Joint Conference onNeural Networks, Vol 2, pp 1195- 1200 , 20-24 July 2003.
9. C.P.Marques et al, “License Vehicle Plates Localization Using Maximum Correlation”, Structural, Syntactic, and Statistical Pattern Recognition Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Vol 3138/2004, pp 470-476, 2004.