Optimist International STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN Report to International Convention Delegates Marketing, Programs & PR Committee Chair Rebecca Butler Mona July 2008 Agenda / Key Topics Overview Strategic Marketing Plan Framework for marketing approach going forward
Related searches for Optimist International
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Report to International Convention Delegates Marketing, Programs & PR CommitteeChair Rebecca Butler Mona
and your community
Opportunity to reach their target market
Access to a broader audience
Share “like” culture/objectives
Promotion for the organization –
ex. convention booth and workshop
Optimist Clubs and OI can offer:
Membership base and demographics (adult Clubs or JOOI/College Clubs) that can provide manpower and numbers,
Image you want to be associated with
Projects and programs that align to goals similar to those of your organizationEndorsed Organizations – Unique Selling Proposition:
1. Conduct Research & Development Committee Optimist Member and Leader surveys and compile results into demographic profiles.
2. Compile information regarding adult Optimist Clubs from survey and existing membership records.
3. Compile information about JOOI membership.
4. Utilizing Member data, develop a demographic profile for adult and JOOI membership bases and position relative to Optimist customers.
1. Develop statistical analysis of the participation by Clubs and Districts in the Optimist programs and community activities (President’s Pride Report, surveys, testimonials, etc).
2. Utilize data to develop key positioning statements, re: what we do for various Optimist “customers.”
1. Staff will follow up on all requests submitted via the Visitors section of the Optimist website and assign leads to the appropriate District and Certified Club Builders.
2. Encourage Club Builders to cultivate interest outside the vicinity of existing Optimist Clubs.
c. Develop (cont’d)additional marketing materials for use in increasing awareness of Optimist Clubs, activities and the Optimist International organization.
1. Marketing materials will be developed and included on Optimist website and in the Club Marketing/PR kit.
2. Explore possibility of Optimist musical image (jingle).
3. Increase profile of marketing on the Optimist website.
A. Highlight marketing materials and improve navigation to increase visibility and encourage use.
B. Better leverage Optimist website as a marketing tool/vehicle to perspective Members.Goal 7 – Promotional program (continued)