I S L A M Peace through submission to Allah My Little Reference Book The 5 Pillars of Islam I S L A M 1 2 3 4 5 1. Shahada - Testimony and declaration of faith 2. Salah - Prayer 5 times a day 3. Zakat - 2 1/2% charity to the poor 4. Saum - Fasting during the month of Ramadan
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Peace through submission to Allah
My Little Reference Book
I S L A M
1. Shahada- Testimony and declaration of faith
2. Salah- Prayer 5 times a day
3. Zakat- 2 1/2% charity to the poor
4. Saum- Fasting during the month of Ramadan
5. Hajj- Pilgrimage to Mecca at least once a lifetime
1. Allah - The One and Only God
2. Angels - Creatures of Allah made of light that follow Allah
3. Prophets of Allah - Sent to all nations to teach them guidance
4. Books of Allah - Sent to the prophets to help them teach
5. Day of Judgement - When all people will be gathered and judged
6. Destiny (Qadr) - Allah knows everything we do before we do it.
I M A N
Ashaduanna Laa ilaaha Illallah Wa Ashaduanna Muhammadur Rasoolullah
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
A person becomes Muslim by reciting, believing and practicing the Shahadah!
1. Fajr - at dawnuntil before sunrise - 2 rakats
2. Dhuhr -noonuntil late afternoon - 4 rakats
3. Asr - late afternoon until sunset - 4 rakats
4. Maghrib - after sunset until dark - 3 rakats
5. Ishaa - at night until dawn - 4 rakats
Every Muslim gives 2 1/2 % of their savings each year to the poor and needy. Our wealth belongs to Allah and Allah will give us more if we pay Zakat.
We fast in the holy month of Ramadan from dawn to sunset each day. We do not eat or drink and avoid bad things.
Every Muslim who can afford it must make the pilgrimage to the Kabah in Mecca at least once in a lifetime.
1. Lordship-Allah is the only Creator and Sustainer.
2. Names and Attributes- We describe Allah only as He and the Prophet(saw) did in the Quran and Sunnah.
3. Worship- We worship and ask help from only Allah.
Ar-rahman-the Most Gracious
Ar-raheem- the Most Merciful
Al-malik- the King
As-salam-the Source of Peace
Al-mu’min-The Giver of Faith
Al-muhaimin-the Preserver of Safety
Al-’azeez-the Exalted in might
Al-mutakabbir - the Supreme
Al-khaliq - the Creator
Al-baari` - the Maker
Al-musawwir-the Shaper of all forms and apperances
Allah has 99 names called Asma-ul-Husna. We accept these names, do not deny them, and do not try to explain them. We should try to understand the significance of these names and try to live upto them. The Proper Name of the Creator is Allah.
Angels - Mala’ikahAngels are the servants of Allah. They are made from Nur-light. They never disobey Allah and are ready to obey Allah’s commands. Angels have many different jobs. One job of Angel Jibreel was to bring Divine Revealation to the prophet Muhammad (saw). 2 Recording Angels are with us all the time writing down everything we say or do. Some great angels are:
Prophets of Allah-RusulullahWhenever we forgot the message of Allah, He sent us prophets and messengers to teach us to worship and obey Him. Allah sent prophets to every nation. Allah completed His Message with Muhammad (s). Thre shall be no prophet after him. He is the last and final of all prophets and messengers. The complete message which Allah gave to Muhammad (s) is ISLAM. It is the complete guidance for all humanind until the end of the world. We will be happy and find peace if we only follow Islam.
2. Idris (Enoch)
3. Nuh (Noah)
6. Ibrahim (Abraham)
7. Ismail (Ishmael)
8. Ishaq (Isaac)
9. Lut (Lot)
10. Yaqub (Jacob)
11. Yusuf (Joseph)
13. Ayyub (Job)
14. Musa (Moses)
15. Harun (Aaron)
16. Dhul-Kifl (Ezekiel)
17. Dawud (David)
18. Sulaiman (Solomon)
19. Iliyas (Elias)
20. Al-Yasa (Elisha)
21. Yunus (Jonah)
22. Zakariyya (Zechariah)
23. Yahya (John)
24. Isa (Jesus)
25. MuhammadWe know of 25 prophets mentioned in the Quran. These are: (peace be upon them all)
Books of AllahAllah sent books to some of his prophets. The book sent down to the last prophet was the Qur’an. The Quran tells us about other books sent to earlier messengers. These books were later lost or changed by their followers. The Qur’an is the only original complete guidance from Allah.
After we die, there will be a day called the Day of Judgement. Allah will make us alive again and ask us about how we lived on the earth. Those who obeyed Allah will enter Paradise (Jannah) and those who disobeyed Allah will be sent to the Hellfire (Jahannam).
Destiny means that Allah knows everything we are going to do before we do it- good or evil. Everything that happens in this world is part of Allah’s plan and everything has a meaning, but we still have to do our part. We still have the free will to make choices.
Ihsan means to worship Allah like you see Him, but we do not see Him, but He sees us.
1. Good intention - For Allah’s sake only
2. According to Quran and Sunnah