National 4/5 Biology. Section 4 The Chemistry of Photosynthesis Raw materials. What do you know?. What is the basic word equation for photosynthesis? A. Glucose + oxygen Carbon dioxide + water B. Light + Glucose Carbon dioxide + water
The Chemistry of Photosynthesis
A. Glucose + oxygen Carbon dioxide + water
B. Light + Glucose Carbon dioxide + water
C. Oxygen + carbon dioxide Glucose + water
D. Carbon dioxide + water Glucose + oxygen
- state the word equation for photosynthesis
- understand where the raw materials for photosynthesis come from
- word equation for photosynthesis
- what xylem, phloem and stomata are and what they do
- what starch and cellulose are and where they come from
- Carbon dioxide
How do these things get in to the plant?
- through pores in the leaf
- through the roots
- how does it get all the way to the top?
- must have vessels for transport
Carbon dioxide + Water Glucose + Oxygen
Stomata open during the day to let CO2 and O2 in and out of the leaf and to let water out.
Stomata closed at night to conserve water.
Structure and function of xylem and phloem
Why stomata are necessary
The raw materials for photosynthesis and how they enter the plant