2. Agenda . Geographic Location OrganizationCustomersBusiness ActivityShip Repair Branch (Aka Fleet)Shore BranchHSP ContractorRecent Success
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. 2 Agenda Geographic Location
Ship Repair Branch (Aka Fleet)
Recent Success & Challenges
Success & Challenges
4. Bahrain Contracting Office
5. Customer Base Customer Base ($ Order)
NSSA det Bahrain (PCs/MCMs/USN)
Coast Guard Ship Repair
Military Sealift Command
Navy Expeditionary Combat Command
Naval Support Activity (NSA) Bahrain
CTF-53 Logistics Operations
MARCENT and MEUs
Others – 80 Tenant Activities
7. Ship Repair Coast Guard- Avails 1x a year…floating avail followed by drydock. Work based on what needs to be done…vary greatly in length of time.
MSC- Avails on 5 year cycle with mini-avail in the middle. Midterm avail est at 1 mo in duration…usually float.Coast Guard- Avails 1x a year…floating avail followed by drydock. Work based on what needs to be done…vary greatly in length of time.
MSC- Avails on 5 year cycle with mini-avail in the middle. Midterm avail est at 1 mo in duration…usually float.
8. Bahrain Homeported
(Exempt from Sec 7310 of Title 10 , USC)
9. Transient Ships
11. Shore/Exercise Branch Administration of the following Large Contracts:
Bahrain Airport Services Contract
House-Hold Goods Contract
Office Equipment Maintenance Contract
Mail Handling Services Contract for FISC Site Bahrain
Optometric Service Contract for Naval Medical Clinic Bahrain
Dental Assistant Service contract for Naval Medical Clinic Bahrain
Land Bridge (Fed-Ex and DHL)
Fork Lift Rental
Ablution Units Rental
12. Exercise Contracting Support (Supplies & Services)
14. All these services can be requested via LOGREQ. For short fused or supplemental requirements, email is acceptable.
All these services can be requested via LOGREQ. For short fused or supplemental requirements, email is acceptable.
15. Recent Successes WIP accurate in SPS
Rebalancing Branches- Shifted personnel and workload to achieve improved utilization of resources
Improved contract data integrity, contractor surveillance, and contract reporting compliance.
Quality of determinations to establish the location of Shipyard repairs/maintenance action
COMFICS contracting performance metrics
Successfully realigned requirements to the appropriate DLA, SDDC, NAVFAC, DAPS, DESC and USMC
Engaged and aligned to fleet commanders
Requirement ownership (FISC vs FLT/FISC - Risk)
Achieved strategic NAVSEA alignment but lost tactical guidance provided by pervious instruction (Some technical items changed by FISC w/o NAVSEA/FLT Maintenance SME coordination – Risk)
Updated instruction not coordinated with customer
Existing MARAVs are past re-certification dates and were issued under FAR 12 (Currently using part 15)
Piecemealed changes - solicitations currently issued full and open and use FAR 15
CMAVs – Generating too many contracts
NSSA now support working with the fleet customers to create IDIQs for common equipment repairs
Code 200 / 400 functions (Functional alignment)
Gapped billets – open announcements
Imbalance of 1102s to 1105s
18. Remaining Slides are Notes
19. Trends FY05-FY08
20. FY08 So far, $ / #
21. TOP TEN CUSTOMERS BY DOLLARS FOR FISC SI DET BAHRAIN
22. TOP TEN CUSTOMERS BY ACTIONS FY8 FOR FISCSI DET BAHRAIN
25. Historical data shapes future budget and scheduling decisions…
Basis for contract modifications and future contract negotiation
Great for FISC, NAVCENT and CTF-53 data calls
26. OCEAN 6 Afloat Forward Staging Base Moored next to Khawr Al Amaya Oil Terminal (KAAOT) in Persian Gulf.
Serves as Command and Control Platform for CTF-158 responsible for Maritime Support Operations in the Gulf.
Awarded under the SWA Regional Husbanding Contract using the OOTW CLIN