OUR SOLAR  SYSTEM
Download
1 / 11

OUR SOLAR SYSTEM - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 45 Views
  • Uploaded on

OUR SOLAR SYSTEM. A JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE. BY: KENDALL COUEY . THE INNER PLANETS. MA RS: THE FOURTH CLOSEST ALSO OUTSHINES THE OTHER PLANETS APART FROM VENUS, IT ALSO HAS POLES COVERED IN ICE.

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about ' OUR SOLAR SYSTEM' - aiko


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

OUR SOLAR SYSTEM

A JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE

BY: KENDALL COUEY


THE INNER PLANETS

MARS: THE FOURTH CLOSEST ALSO OUTSHINES THE OTHER PLANETS APART FROM VENUS, IT ALSO HAS POLES COVERED IN ICE.

FIRST ARE THE 4 INNER PLANETS MERCURY, VENUS, EARTH, AND MARS! THESE ARE THE PLANETS CLOSEST TO THE SUN.

VENUS: THE SECOND CLOSEST TO THE SUN IS ALSO THE SECOND BRIGHTEST THING IN THE NIGHT SKY, PLUS VENUS IS OFTEN CALLES EARTHS SISTER PLANET.

MERCURY: THE CLOSEST PLANET TO THE SUN IS ALSO THE SECOND HOTTEST PLANTET, PLUS MERCURY IS THE MOST CRATERED PLANET!

EARTH: THE THIRD CLOSEST TO THE SUN IS ALSO THE ONLY PLANET THAT HAS HUMAN LIVING ON IT.


THE OUTER PLANETS

THESE ARE THE OUTER PLANETS WHICH ARE FARTHER AWAY FROM THE SUN.

JUPITAR: THE BIGGEST PLANET IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, HAS A BIG RED SPOT THAT YOU COULD FIT 100 EARTHS IN IT.

URANUS: HAS 2 SETS OF RINGS 9 INNER RINGS AND 2 OUTER RINGS,

SATURN: THE PLANET WITH THE MOST VISIBLE RINGS, IS A GIANT BALL OF GAS IT DOES NOT HAVE A SOLID INNER CORE

NEPTUNE: HAS A SEA BLUE COLOR DUE TO THE METHANE GAS ATMOSPHERE, ALSO NEPTUNE USED TO HAVE A DARK SPOT LIKE JUPITER.


EARTHS SURFACE

PART OF EARTHS SURFACE IS COVERED WITH 70% WATER, AND THE OTHER 30% IS LAND.EARTH HAS MANY DIFFERENT OCEANS ONE OF WHICH IS THE PACIFIC AND IT’S THE BIGGEST OCEAN, THE SMALLEST IS THE ARTIC. SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS A MAIN THING ON EARTH IS ALL ITS PHYSICAL FEATURES INCLUDING MOUNTAINS, VALLEYS, OCEANS, RIVERS, LAKES, AND SEAS. THE TEMPTURE ON EARTHS SURFACE CAN VARY DUE TO THE WAY THE PLANET ROTATES, AND THAT FORMS THE SEASONS SUMMER, FALL WINTER AND SPRING.


EARTHS SURFACE UNDERNEATH

THE ROCKY LAYER UNDER THE SOIL IS TH CRUST, THE TEMPERATURE OF THE CRUST INCREASES AS YOU GO DEEPER INTO THE EARTH. THE TECTONIC PLATES FLOAT ON THE MOLTEN ASTHENOSPHERE. EARTHQUAKES, VOLCANOES, MOUNTAINS, AND OCEANIC TRENCH FORMATION OCCUR ALONG PLATE BOUNDARIES. THE PLATES ARE IN CONSTANT MOTION.


MARS SURFACE

MARS SURFACE IS VERY ROCKY AND DRY, THIS PLANET CONSISTS OF MOUNTAINS, ICE CAPS, VALLEYS, CHANNELS, AND TRENCHES. THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN ON MARS IS OLYMPUS MONS WHICH IS ROUGHLY 17 MILES HIGH. THE COLOR OF MARS LOOKS RED NECAUSE OF ITS RUSTY DUST. ALSO THE CRATERS ON MARS VARY DEPENDING ON HOW OLD THE SURFACE IS.


MARSSURFACE

THE SURFACE ON MARS IS THOUGHT TO BE MOSTLY BASALT, COVERED BY A LAYER IRON OXIDE DUST. IRON OXIDE DUST GIVES THE PLANET ITS RED HUE. THE SURFACE IS ALSO DOTTED WITH IMPACT CRATERS, MOST OF THEM ARE STILL IMTACT. THE ATMOSPHERE IS MUCH THINNER THAN EARTHS.


CURIOSITY

MARS HAS FOUND MANY THINGS SUCH AS WATER, LIFE, THINGS ABOUT THE SOIL, AND CRATERS

CURIOSITY IS THE LARGEST ROVER TO BE SENT TO MARS

CURIOSITY’S MAIN MISSION IS TO DETERMINE IF IS, OR WAS ABLE FOR LIFE


HOW EARTH AND MARS ARE ALIKE

EARTH AND MARS ARE BOTH IN THE INNER PLANET SOLAR SYSTEM, THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN DISCOVERED WITH LIFE, THEY ARE ALSO BOTH TERRESTRIAL PLANETS MADE UP OF ROCK AND METAL. BOTH HAVE SOLID AND ROCKY SURFACES, PLUS WATER.


HOW EARTH AND MARS ARE DIFFERENT

MARS IS MUCH COLDER THAN EARTH, AND HAS NO OCEANS AND SEAS. MARS I HALF THE SIZE OF EARTH. MARS IS RED.

EARTH HAS MANY SEAS AND OCEANS, EARTH HAS HUMANE BEINGS. EARTH IS BIGGER, AND CLOSER TO THE SUN



ad