Heart. Blood vessels. Circulatory System or Cardiovascular System. arteries. veins. Functions. Oxygen, nutrients, hormones Carbon dioxide & waste Lungs receive carbon dioxide (exhale) Cell waste carried to kidneys for removal from body. To Cells. From Cells. Cardiac Muscle.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2Circulation in the Heart
1. Blood with carbon dioxide and waste is carried to heart
See page 390
2. Pumped into lungs
3. Blood picks up oxygen and releases carbon dioxide
4. Oxygenated blood is passed back to the heart
5. Pumped to the body’s tissues through aorta
1.Plasma (55% of blood)
-Liquid containing nutrients, waste, salts, and proteins
2.Red blood cells (40%)
3.White blood cells
Arteries carry oxygenated blood away from heart
Veinscarry deoxygenated blood back to heart
Capillaries“end of the road” connect arteries and veins
Most problems are
within your control!
Use the WAV File
4. Heart Attack
1. To widen narrowed coronary arteries, a football-shaped burr that rotates up to 200,000 times a minute may be used to cut away plaque from artery walls.
3. A stent is typically used to prevent re-narrowing after an artery is widened.
2. Balloon angioplasty flattens plaques and stretches the artery wall.
Cell: ________________ Molecule: ______________
4. What is a normal blood pressure reading?