Heat Transfer, Forms of Energy, Electricity and Magnetism. 1. On a hot day, Jenny walked home from the grocery store with a bag of chocolate chips. When she arrived home the chocolate chips had melted in the bag. Why did the chocolate chips melt?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. On a hot day, Jenny walked home from the grocery store with a bag of chocolate chips. When she arrived home the chocolate chips had melted in the bag. Why did the chocolate chips melt?
3. A glass of water kept at room temperature long enough will become empty because
4 will become empty because. Suppose you had four spoons the same size and shape made out of glass, plastic, steel, and wood. Which spoon handle would get hot the quickest when the spoons are placed in a pan of hot water?
5 will become empty because. When water boils in a pan on a hot burner, heat gets to the water mainly by
6 will become empty because. When ice cream is left out of the freezer on a table for a long time, it melts. This change in state is caused by the
7 will become empty because. Which of the following best explains why the end of a spoon sticking out of a cup of hot water also get hot?
8 will become empty because. Which of the following is an example of kinetic energy?
9 will become empty because. When electrical energy is “used” by an electric light, what really happens to the electrical energy?
10. will become empty becauseJuan thinks that water will evaporate faster in a warm place than in a cool one. He has two identical bowls and a bucket of water. He wants to do an experiment to find out if he is correct. Which one of the following should he do?
11. will become empty becauseTo pull up a bucket of water from a well, George pulled hard on a handle to wind up a rope. Which kind of energy was George applying to the handle?
12. will become empty becauseWhat is the process by which heat energy gets to Earth from the Sun?
13. will become empty becausePatti used a steel wrench to work on her bicycle on a hot, sunny day. She left the wrench on the hot concrete surface for an hour which she had lunch. When she returned, the wrench was very hot to touch. What is the BEST explanation for how the wrench go so hot?
14. will become empty becauseWhich situation is an example of increasing potential energy?
15. will become empty becauseGasoline, wood, water behind a dam, and a boulder on the edge of a cliff all represent some form of potential energy. What form of potential energy do gasoline and wood have in common?
16. will become empty becauseOn a cold, winter day, Sheena rubs her hands together. Stored chemical energy is transformed into mechanical energy. Due to the Law of Conservation of Energy some of the energy is also transformed into
17. will become empty becauseWhat form of energy is associated with the movement of charges, usually electrons?
1 will become empty because8.____________ energy is produced when a force causes a substance to vibrate, and the energy is transferred through the substance in a wave.
19 will become empty because. The energy used to move most bicycles is an example of what type of energy?
20. will become empty becauseWhen fossil fuels are burned, their chemical potential energy is converted into
21. On a hot summer day Leland walked from a grassy area to a hot sidewalk. He felt as if a hot breeze came from the sidewalk to his face. Why?
C a hot sidewalk. He felt as if a hot
22. A balloon floated over a hot sidewalk and begin to rise. Which sentence best explains the energy transfer?
23. Which sentence best explains the energy transfer?What is the negatively charged particle that flows through a circuit?
24. Which sentence best explains the energy transfer?A circuit contains four light bulbs. One light bulb goes out but the other three sty lit. This must be a(n) _____________ circuit.
C Which sentence best explains the energy transfer?
25. Which sentence best explains the energy transfer?