The Siberian State Geodesic Academy. Dr. Valery Anufriyev. ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMICAL ASSESSMENT OF RATIONAL USE OF ENERGY RESOURCES IN THE SYSTEM OF THE KYOTO PROTOCOL. Dissertation for an academic degree of doctor of economical sciences.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Siberian State Geodesic Academy
Dr. Valery Anufriyev
ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMICAL ASSESSMENT OF RATIONAL USE OF ENERGY RESOURCES IN THE SYSTEM OF THEKYOTO PROTOCOL
Dissertation for an academic degree
of doctor of economical sciences
08.00.05 – «Economics and national economy management»
(economy of nature management)
The purpose of research
is development of the methodologyof environmental and economicalassessment of rational use of power resources in the system of Kyoto Protocolandpractical approbation ofsupposed approachto solving of economical, environmental andpowerproblems on the example of the Ural FederalOkrug.
The object of research
is fuel and energy resources of the Ural Federal Okrugin the unity withcreation and functioningof the system of energy savings which ensures theirrationalinvolvinginto the economicalcirculation.
OF FUEL AND ENERGY RESOURCES
Electric power stations
Because of development of predicted deposits 20-30 years could be added
Because of development of predicted deposits
20-30 years could be added
Depending on the type of the consumed fuel
Reserves of uranic ore and enriched uranium
OF RESOURCE AND RAW MATERIALS PROVISION
*According to the calculations of the candidate of economical sciences, Dr. AlexeyChazov
1 – preferred variant; 2 – moderateforecast;3 – unfavorable forecast.
Each party … implementsand/ordevelopssuch policy and measures as:
The essence of The Framework Convention of Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol
Limitation of GHG emissions is:
Rational use of energy resources
max Э = f(min P; max S; max C),
min P –potential of energy savings of the object, max S –reduction of harmful emissions, or preventive environmental effect, max C –reduction of GHG emissions, orpotential of carbon investments
Energy savings program of Kondinsk region of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Yugra
energy savings759,20 millions of rubles
of harmful substances
The biggest reserves of energy savings and reduction of GHG emissions are concentrated in the branches:
Power industry – 2 613 thousands of tons,
Gas transport – 1 516 thousands of tons,
Housing and communal services (heat supply sphere) – 656 thousands of tons,
Timber and woodworking industry – 474 thousands of tons,
House-building and civil engineering – 444 thousands of tons
Compensation of expenses for the Program at the expense of carbon investments (price of a ton of СО2 – 10 euros; expenses for realization of energy savings reserves – 20 USA dollars / ton of standard coal)
Branch structure of CO2 emissions
from fuel firingfor 2003 year
Dynamics of emissions and sink of greenhouse gases forKhanty-MansiyskAutonomous Okrug for the period 1990-2003 years, thousands of tons of СО2 equivalent
Environmental and economical estimation of new technologies
on associated gas utilization
Strategic plan of Yekaterinburg city
«Energy effiicient city
for the period 2004 - 2007 years»
Economical effect3,3milliards of rubles
Carbon investments1.631 milliards of rubles
Preventive environmental damage
3,1 millions of rubles
Expected effect from implementation of the programin corpore
4,934 milliards of rubles
Environmental and economical assessment of the complex program «Energy efficientcity for the period 2004-2007 years»
Energy savings program according with The Concept of Sustainable Development (Scheme of the intracorporateallowances trade)
Regional structure of СО2 emissions in the Russian Federation in 1997 year
Reduction of use of heat and energy resources, tons of standard coal
Reduction of harmful emissions, t
Conception of sustainable development of Russia
Preventive environmental damage, millions of rubles
Power effect, millions of rubles
Rational use of energy resources
Rational nature management
Development of energy saving programs according to the proposed technology
Reduction of GHG emissions, t –
criteria (indicator) of environmental and economical assessment of energy saving programs
Ensuring of power and environmental safety
(fulfillment of national socially important projects etc.)
Complex environmental and economical effect
Carbon investments, millions of rubles
Formation and development of pollutions market in the Russian Federation
Scheme of development of methodology of environmental and economical assessment of rational use of fuel and energy resources in the system of Kyoto Protocol
1. The methodology of environmental and economical assessment of rational use of energy resources is developed and approved. Into the base of methodology the main principle is laid according to which energy savings, ecology and economics of regions areconsidered in complex as interdependent multivariable functions.
2.For the first time from the positions of system analysis the complex of environmental and economical aspects of estimation of rational use of energy resources is considered, it includes:
The model of multi-criterion and single-criterion optimization of the system of environmental and economical management of energy savings, of taking into account the environmental (nature conservation) component at estimation the economical effectiveness of energy saving projects is developed and introduced.
3. It is recommended to accept the volume ofCO2emissions as a determinative criterion of the environmental and economical assessment of rational use of energy resources suggested by the author andone of the evaluative indicators of energy and ecological safety.
4. The inventory of greenhouse gases was made and imitation model of GHG emissions of the subjects of the Ural Federal Okrug up to 2012 year was created, on the base of which economical, energy, environmental and investment forecasts are made.
5. Suggested and introduced methodological approaches of the complex environmental and economical assessment allow to develop a new model of the energy saving program on the levels of a region, a megapolis, an industrial enterprise, assist formation and development of the pollutions market in the Russian Federation.
1. The following concepts were developed:
2. The volume of CO2 emissions reduction is suggested as an evaluative indicator of energy and ecological safetywhich allows to increase effectiveness of use of energy resources and trustworthiness of control of harmful emissions.
3. The results of conducted research are introduced into the training process at the Energy Saving Chair of the Ural State Technical University for the discipline «Fundamentals of energy savings», andthe course of lections «Energy saving, ecology, Kyoto Protocol» is given, teaching and methodical aids were prepared.
1. Theoretical, methodological and practical results of research were used at development of energy saving programs for:
2. The results were used by the Ministry of Economical Development and Trade of the Russian Federation at preparationof the Program of social and economical development of the Russian Federation for middle-urgent prospective (2008-2010 years) in the part which applies to the mechanisms of nature management and formation of purposesof the state environmental policy (sector 6 «Increase of effectiveness of the State management and regulation»).
3. The Moscow Representative Office of the World Bank plans to use the results of the workat selecting, ranging and choosing the projects of carbon financing which are realised by the World Bank in the Russian Federation.