Adventures of the soul in Nagpur, challenges of life and programs, charm and enthusiasm life. Adventure, Peace, Introspection, Expert guidance, Self- learning and Memories for life , Relationships, Parenting, Parent- child, Love, Sex, Intimacy, Marriage, Couple, Compatibility, Togetherness, Retreat, Camp, Adventure, Soul, Therapy, Explore, Counseling, Marriage counseling, Inner- self, Nature, Meditation, Avinash Deoskar and Sapna Sharma.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ADVENTURES OF THE SOUL
Parents are usually the first people a child learns to trust. Parents and families are the most important people in children’s lives. The many different relationships people form over the course of the life span, the relationship between parent and child is among the most important.
The parent-child relationship consists of a combination of behaviors, feelings, and expectations that are unique to a particular parent and a particular child. The relationship involves the full extent of a child's development.
Types of Parent Child Relationship
There are mainly four categories of parent child relationship.
1. Secure relationships: - This is the strongest type of attachment. A child in this category feels he can depend on his parent or provider. He knows that person will be there when he needs support.
2. Avoidant relationships: - This is one category of attachment that is not secure. Avoidant children have learned that depending on parents won’t get them that secure feeling they want, so child learn to take care of themselves. Avoidant children may seem too independent and usually do not build strong relationships.
3. Ambivalent relationships: -Ambivalence is another way a child may be insecurely attached to his parents. Child notice what behavior got their parents’ attention in the past and use it over and over. Children are always looking for that feeling of security.
4. Disorganized relationships: -Disorganized children don’t know what to expect from their parents. Children with relationships learns to predict how his parent will react, whether it is positive or negative. Child also learns that doing certain things will make their parents do certain things.
Parenting- It is the process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood.
Parenting styles- It means a psychological construct representing standard strategies that parents use in their child rearing.
Characteristics of a Healthy Parent-Child Relationship
1.Flexible/Adaptable: - Good parents must be flexible and adaptable. They have ability to recognize and accommodate the child’s need. Help the child by giving clear directions, offering opportunities to choose and negotiate.
2.Connected: - Parents should have ability to differentiate the child’s worth from his or her behavior, and create a reward-oriented environment in which consequences are positiveoutcome. Respond to a child’s problems or feelings with acceptance, support and validation.
3. Appropriate boundaries: - The parent-child relationship includes various boundaries. Healthy boundaries consider that what the parent and the child want in a positive way to find a mutually agreeable solution or limit.
4. Open Communication: The way the parent and child communicate sets the tone for the relationship. The healthy parent-child relationships use positive communication that separates the child's worth from behavior.
5. Discipline: - For healthy parent child relationship discipline also very important aspect. To finding the solution of conflicts and behavioral problem helps to encourage the strong relation rather than punishing children in an attempt to teach.
Factors Influencing Parent-Child Relationship
Methods to Improve Child - Parent Relationships
1.Play games with Child.
3.Bring the child to new places.
C-25,Hill top, Opp Water tank, Ramnagar, Nagpur-440033
Thank You !