Craig L. Williams Market Interface Manager. Review of NAESB Items MIS & SIS Meetings February 1-3, 2012. North American Energy Standards Board, NAESB. Standards Development, WEQ Wholesale Electric Service Across Multiple Transmission Systems (SAMTS)
Review of NAESB Items
MIS & SIS Meetings
February 1-3, 2012
- New Templates – Network reservations will need to move to the new system.
- New Network Customers will need to fill out an on-line application on OASIS.
- Existing Network Customers will not have to make a new application on OASIS.
- Hybrid Option: Tag all non-firm transactions within a BA and require upload of firmness of transmission service for each running generator every 15 minutes (Generator Prioritization)
- BPS is still considering a two-tiered firm curtailment process (first-to-cut / last-to-cut). Policy change issue has been addressed. This would require coordination agreements between BA’s for loop flows to be granted last-to-cut priority.
- Transfers TSIN Registry from NERC to NAESB.
- OATI will administer the registry for NAESB.
- The NAESB EIR page with FAQ links and training schedules is posted at: http://www.naesb.org/weq/weq_eir.asp
- TSIN data is not being ported to EIR, so re-registration will be necessary.
- An annual fee will be required.
To develop and maintain NAESB WEQ standards that support the electronic protection of information assets related to the WEQ body of business practices.
Industry comments are due by February 18th, 2012.