More than 30 Bills or Resolutions. Make direct or indirect reference to invasive species.A number are very specificSome are appropriations bills, appropriating monies to existing programsOthers propose expansion of existing or creation of new programs.. Some Aquatic Titles (Thomas). S. 725 National Aquatic Invasive Species ActH.R. 260 Aquatic Invasive Species Research ActH.R. 83 Asian Carp Prevention and Control ActS. 791 Great Lakes Collaboration Implementation Act of 2007H.R. 889 Preve1146
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Some Examples of Legislation Before Congress Invasive Species Introduced in This Congress
2. More than 30 Bills or Resolutions Make direct or indirect reference to invasive species.
A number are very specific
Some are appropriations bills, appropriating monies to existing programs
Others propose expansion of existing or creation of new programs.
3. Some Aquatic Titles (Thomas) S. 725 National Aquatic Invasive Species Act
H.R. 260 Aquatic Invasive Species Research Act
H.R. 83 Asian Carp Prevention and Control Act
S. 791 Great Lakes Collaboration Implementation Act of 2007
H.R. 889 Prevention of Aquatic Invasive Species Act of 2007
4. Some are Land Based (Thomas) H.R. 767 Refuge Ecology Protection, Assistance and Immediate Response Act
S. 2646 Wildfire Presuppression Fuels Management Pilot Program Act of 2007
H.R. 658 Natural Resource Protection Cooperative Agreement Act
S.1378 Roadless Area Conservation Act of 2007
5. Some are Farm, Food, or Crop Oriented (Thomas) S. 1496 Pollinator Habitat Protection Act of 2007.
H.R. 1600 EAT Healthy America Act
S. 36 Amending the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act (Bio Fuels)
S.C.R 11 Agriculture and Food Security (Trade and Foreign Investment Standards)
H.R. 667 Early Pest Detection and Surveillance Improvement Act
S. 887 Restore Import and Entry Agricultural Inspection Functions to Department of Agriculture
6. Some Touch on Home and Human Lifestyles
S. 540 and H.R. 924 Domestic Pet Turtle Market Access Act of 2007
7. Places to Watch for Legislation Thomas Locator (Library of Congress) http://thomas.loc.gov
USDA National Agricultural Library http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/laws/bills110.shtml