MIND UP. Unit 2 - Sharpening your senses. Lesson 4. Mindful Listening. Mindful listening. WARM UP Exercise (rhythmic clapping and snapping) 1. Listen carefully and repeat my pattern 2. Create your own pattern (six to eight beats) – write down in your LPD journal.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Unit 2 - Sharpening your senses
WARM UP Exercise (rhythmic clapping and snapping)
1. Listen carefully and repeat my pattern
2. Create your own pattern (six to eight beats) – write down in your LPD journal.
3. Listen to and repeat your classmates pattern (one at a time)
4. Base on the last pattern, vary the pattern a little bit only
5. After a few variation, do you still remember the original pattern?
Question: Which skills are you using in this activity?
WHAT is Mindful listening?
Choose specific sounds to focus and hear in order to help us to concentrate and respond in a thoughtful way.
HOW our brain is linked to mindful listening?
Reticular activating system (RAS) –
Is the brain’s attention-focusing center
Sorted and screened sensory stimuli
When the stimuli distract us,
the mindful listening will helps us
to focus again.
With practice focusing on specific detail,
we can train our RAS to be more