Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Great Affirmations About God Tim Haile
2. Great Affirmations About God Mark 12:26, 27 - God Is The God Of The Living:?But regarding the fact that the dead rise again, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ?I am the God of Abraham, and
3. Great Affirmations About God Mark 12:26, 27 - ?the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; You are greatly mistaken.?
Proof of the Resurrection (context & Acts 23:6-8; 24:15; 1 Cor. 15)
Proof of Eternal Spirit (Mt. 10:28)
4. Great Affirmations About God Luke 1:37 - Nothing Is Impossible With God:?For nothing [no word] will be impossible with God? [Mt. 19:26 - ?all things possible with God??]
Context (Lk. 1:37): Virgin Birth / Incarnation of Christ
Matthew 19:25-30: Salvation
5. Great Affirmations About God Acts 14:17 - God Did Not Leave Himself Without Witness [among Gentiles]:?And yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.?
Evidences - (Psalm 19:1, 2; Rom. 1:20)
6. Great Affirmations About God Acts 17:24 - God Does Not Dwell In Manmade Temples:?The God Who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;?
God Is Transcendent; Self-Existent
God?s Exists Independently Of The Material Universe
7. Great Affirmations About God Acts 17:25 - God Is Not Worshipped With Men?s Hands:?nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life, and breath and all things.?
God Exists Independently Of Man and of Man?s Service to Him
God Does Not Require Anything From Man
8. Great Affirmations About God Acts 17:29 - God Cannot Be Represented By Human Art & Craft:?Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the divine nature is like gold, or silver, or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.?
Idolaters Presume To Capture & Embody The Essence Of Deity (Ex. 20:4,5)
9. Great Affirmations About God Romans 2:11 - There Is No Respect Of Persons With God:?For there is no partiality with God.?
Favoritism Shown By Superiors Is Demoralizing, Discouraging and Dispiriting
God Treats All Humans Equally (Acts 10:34, 35; Eph. 6:9; Col. 3:25)
Humans Are To Show No Partiality (James 2:1-9)
10. Great Affirmations About God Romans 13:1 - There Is Power Except From God:?Every person is to be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.?
Pilate Told That He Would Have ?No Power At All? If It Weren?t Given To Him From Above (John 19:11; Rev. 11:15)
11. Great Affirmations About God 1 Corinthians 8:4 - There Is No God But One:?Therefore concerning the eating of things offered in sacrifice to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one.?
One God (Godhood, Rom. 1:20; Acts 17:29; Col. 2:9)
3 Persons (Jn. 1:1,2; Acts 5:3, 4)
12. Great Affirmations About God 1 Corinthians 10:5 - God Is Not Pleased With Some People:?But with most of them (Israelites) God was not well pleased, for they were laid low in the wilderness.?
Practice Continued (1 Thess. 2:15)
Requires Faith (Heb. 11:6) and a Proper ?Walk? (1 Thess. 4:1; Rom. 8:8)
Please God - Not Man (Gal. 1:10)
13. Great Affirmations About God 1 Corinthians 14:33 - God Is Not The Author Of Confusion:?For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.?
Prohibits Disorderly Worship (context)
Prohibits ?Spontaneous? Worship
Condemns The State Of Denominationalism (1 Cor. 1:10)
14. Great Affirmations About God Galatians 6:7 - God Is Not Mocked:?Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this will he also reap.?
Those Who Sow To The Flesh Will Reap Corruption (V. 8)
Those Who Sow To The Spirit With Reap Eternal Life (V. 8)
God?s Spiritual Laws As Inflexible As His Physical Laws
15. Great Affirmations About God 1 Timothy 6:16 - God Dwells In Unapproachable Light:?Who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, Whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.?
Significance Of The Role Of Christ In Revealing God (John 1:18; see also Ex. 33:20)
16. Great Affirmations About God Titus 1:2 - God Cannot Lie:?In hope of eternal life, which God, Who cannot lie, promised long ages ago.?
Lying Is Contrary To God?s Nature
Allows Man To Place Absolute Trust In God?s Promises (Hebrews 6:13-18)
Allows Man To Have Confidence In God?s Instructions (Heb. 7:21; Ps. 110)
17. Great Affirmations About God Hebrews 6:10 - God Is Not Unrighteous [Unjust]:?For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love that you have shown toward His name, in having ministered, and in still ministering to the saints.?
Just & Certain In His Promises of Punishment & Reward (Ex. 20:5, 6; Rom. 11:22)
18. Great Affirmations About God James 1:13 - God Cannot Be Tempted By Evil:?Let no one say when he is tempted, ?I am being tempted by God,? for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself tempt does not tempt anyone.?
It Is The Devil Who Is ?The Tempter? (Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5)
God Desires Man?s Salvation (1 Ti. 2:4)
19. Great Affirmations About God 2 Peter 2:4 - God Did Not Spare The Angels Who Sinned:?For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment.?
Point: If God Did Not Spare Sinning Angels, Neither Will He Spare Sinning Humans
All Creatures Subject To God?s Laws
20. Great Affirmations About God 2 John 9 - God Refuses Fellowship With Those Who Refuse To Abide In The Doctrine of Christ:?Anyone who goes to far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God...?
Fellowship With God Is Contingent Upon One?s Acceptance & Practice Of Christ?s Teaching, And His Attitude Towards Those Who Refuse (vs. 10-11)