What is a speakers bureau?. Speakers may have personal experiences or be experts Speakers are available to talk to different groupsEngagements are scheduled by your organizationCan send a single speaker or an entire panel . A list of potential speakers who can talk to the public: . Why develop a speakers bureau?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Developing a Speakers Bureau
2. What is a speakers bureau? Speakers may have personal experiences or be experts
Speakers are available to talk to different groups
Engagements are scheduled by your organization
Can send a single speaker or an entire panel
3. Why develop a speakers bureau? To raise public awareness
To increase your group's visibility
To provide role models
To recruit new members or volunteers
To attract press coverage
To raise funds
4. Who can a speakers bureau reach? Business groups
5. How do you set up a speakers bureau? 1. Recruit & select speakers:
Use personal invitations
Use people already involved with your organization
Decide whether you will use single speakers or panels
6. How do you set up a speakers bureau? (cont.) 2. Make a roster with scheduling information:
Dates of past and upcoming engagements
Number of no-shows or times late
Speakers' area of expertise or experience
7. How do you set up a speakerís bureau? (cont.) 3. Contact groups that might be interested in scheduling a speaking engagement:
Create a list of potential audiences and contact people
Send out letters offering to have a speaker or a panel visit the group
Follow up with phone calls to schedule engagements
8. How do you set up a speakerís bureau? (cont.) 4. Schedule who are available at the needed time:
Be very clear about the date, time, and location
Write down who's scheduled
5. Send a letter confirming the time, date, topic, location, duration of the event , speakers' names, etc.
9. How do you set up a speakerís bureau? (cont.) 6. Again remind speakers about the engagement.
7. Have speakers make their presentation.
Basic info & introductions
Personal stories or an informative presentation
8. At the end of the presentation, collect feedback from the audience.