Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. SAFE JOURNEY MANAGEMENT EPM REGIONAL ROAD SAFETY WORKSHOP
February 23 ? February 25
2. Sakhalin Energy Policy
3. Why Journey Management?
1. Heavy passenger traffic within the territory of Sakhalin Island
4. Why Journey Management? 2. Poor road condition (in town & outside)
5. Why Journey Management? 3. Severe weather conditions and poor road maintenance
6. Why Journey Management?
Spread of operations
Remoteness of facilities
Low driving standards
7. Journey Management System
8. Journey Categories
All journeys in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk area or within a 35 km radius of an established Camp
Journeys of not more than 1(one) day duration by public roads
All other journeys including off-road and remote areas
9. Journey Monitoring Transport Control Room (TCR) monitors movements of all SEIC vehicles and passengers
Drivers make mandatory telephone calls at the beginning and end of journey as well as from checkpoints and existing camps during travel time
TCR is responsible for the following:
registration of movements of all transport and passengers
registration of departure / arrival time
registration of incoming calls and supplementary information
receipt of check calls
arrangement of assistance in case of emergency or mechanical breakdown
10. Communication Equipment Vehicles are equipped as follows:
Satellite telephone sets
Communications equipment requirements are established prior to any journey on the basis of the following:
Type of activity performed
Operations area (such factors as distance to the nearest support base to be taken into consideration)
Planned operating period
11. Weather Constrains Site Manager / Transport monitor weather conditions in their area of operations
When weather conditions deteriorate, speed and journey restrictions may be imposed
Area restrictions are communicated to the Transport Control Room and relayed to staff and drivers at all locations.
12. Journey Management Challenges Only one road South to North of the Island.
Limited railroad capacity and schedule restricts maximization of railroad use. Single track.
Poor infrastructure and maintenance.
Large number of contractors/subcontractors throughout the Island makes difficult to apply SEIC Journey Management Standards.
Poor telecommunications system.
Long distances and wide spread of activities.
Ingrained local aggressive driving culture.