The European Union. 8 Lessons with an end of unit assessment. Learning Objectives. To be able to define the European Union (EU) and name some of the countries that belong to it. To know a brief history of the EU. To have thought about advantages and disadvantages of belonging to the EU.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
8 Lessons with an end of unit assessment
Spend the first 5 minutes making a spider diagram with any facts you know about the EU.
The European Union
6. The Maastricht Treaty renamed the European Community the European Union in the 1990’s.
7. Italy is a member of the EU.
8. In 1999 the EU decided to ban TV adverts for sweets and toys for children under 12 years old.
9. The EU wants to promote freedom, security and justice.
10. Tony Blair is head of the EU.
We are now going to use an atlas to locate countries in the EU, and discover some new facts about them.