Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Basic Electron Microscopy Arthur Rowe
2. Introduction These 3 presentations cover the fundamental theory of electron microscopy
In presentation #2 we cover:
lens aberrations and their importance
how we correct for lens astigmatism
limits to ultimate resolution of the TEM
Interactions of electrons with matter
3. aberrations of electromagnetic lenses
4. spherical aberration
5. coping with spherical aberration
6. chromatic aberration
8. astigmatism - arises from:
9. astigmatism - correction:
10. The TEM Column Gun emits electrons
Electric field accelerate
Magnetic (and electric) field control path of electrons
Electron wavelength @ 200KeV ? 2x10-12 m
Resolution normally achievable @ 200KeV ? 2 x 10-10 m ? 2?
11. depth of focus - depth of field
12. when electrons hit matter ..
14. when electrons hit matter ..
16. when electrons hit matter ..
18. when electrons hit matter ..