Language and Translation Industry of India: A Historical and Cultural Perspective (XVIII FIT World Congress 2008, Shanghai, China). Ravi Kumar President Indian Translators Association, New Delhi, India E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A Glance at Languages of India.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Language and Translation Industry of India: A Historical and Cultural Perspective(XVIII FIT World Congress 2008, Shanghai, China)
Indian Translators Association, New Delhi, India
122 languages have been further grouped under
A Glance at Languages of India
Twenty-two Indian languages, namely
Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kashmiri,
Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri,
Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit,
Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Maithili,
Santhali, Dogri and Bodo are spoken by 96.56% of the population of the country and the remaining 3.44% of the population speak the rest of the languages.
Translators are not conversant with CAT tools
No stringent quality control processes
Use of CAT tools has been on the rise : Like TRADOS, SDLX,
wordfast, Across, etc. are costly
Cost effective alternatives can be
Heartsome, XLIFF editor
THANKS ! DHANYAVAD !
For comments write to:
Ravi Kumar, President
Indian Translators Association
K-5/B, Lower Ground Floor, Kalkaji
New Delhi –110019, India
Tel: +91-11-26291676 Telefax: +91-11-41675530
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.itaindia.org