Unit 5 Going shopping. Comic strip & welcome to the unit. Christmas. Halloween. Thanksgiving Day. Chinese t r a d i t i on a l festivals ( 中国传统节日） . Mid-Autumn Festival. Dragon Boat Festival. Chinese New Year/Spring Festival. Your friend’s birthday is coming up.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Comic strip & welcome to the unit
Chinese traditional festivals
You are planning to celebrate it .
Do you have any ideas?
*have a big dinner
*buy some birthday presents for…
. Divide the class into four groups.
____________ ___________ ____________ ___________
__________ ___________ ______ _________
1 What does Millie tell Daniel to buy for Simon?
2 At last, what will Daniel buy for Simon?
1. Simon’s birthday is coming up.
Be coming （up）: 快要来临，即将来到
2. have good ideas :
3. What do you think?
/ What do you thinkofsb/sth？
Make similar(相似) dialogues like this:
D: Hi, Millie. Simon’s birthday is coming up. I want to buy something for him. Do you have any good ideas?
M: I think you can buy him a football. He likes playing football very much. What do you think?
D: I don’t know. I think he has a football already.
M: Then you can buy him a yo-yo. I know he doesn’t have a yo-yo.
D: Yes, that’s a good idea. I can buy a yo-yo for him. Thank you, Millie.
M: You’re welcome.
1. Does he have any music _________( 唱片) at the moment.
2. Millie loves beautiful ___________(发夹).
3. Kitty has many __________(礼物) for her birthday. The _____________(相册) is her favourite.
4. My cousin likes reading _____________(漫画书) after school.
5. Chinese New Year ________________( 就要到了）.
6. I think she has a computer _________ (已经).
is coming up
1. Can you tell me something about Eddie?
2. Hobo is going shopping. Now please answer：
1)Does Eddie want to go with him?
2)Why does Hobo ask Eddie to go with him?
No, he doesn’t.
Because he wants Eddie to carry all the bags.
go shopping with me
don’t have any money
/have no money
Here’s my wallet
need you to carry all the bags
be free /have time
come with me
Hobo is _________ (空闲)on Sunday. He wants ________(go) _________(shop) in a new shopping mall(大卖场). He wants to buy ________(许多)things but he can’t ______(拎) all the bags. He is asking his __________(主人), Eddie, for help. “ Eddie, please ________(come) with me. I need you ________(help) me.” But Eddie ____________(not want) to
a lot of
1 Would you like to go (shop) with me?
2 He wants (buy) a lot of things.
3 The teachers need the students (help) them.
4 I don’t have (some) money now.
5 Here (be) my comic books.
1. Daniel wants to buy a pencil box
2. Do you have_____________(一些好主意)?
3. Chinese New Year ___________
any good ideas
is coming up
4. Kitty usually eats vegetables and meatfor dinner. _________________
5. This shopping bag is too heavy.
I ________________（需要你拎） for me.
6. Mother_________________（想要我去购物）with her.
What do you think
need you to carry it
wants me to go shopping
Now, Daniel is going shopping. Make a dialogue between Daniel and the shopkeeper(售货员).
Good morning. Can I help you?
I want to buy ……
It’s too small/ big.
What about ……？
How much is it?
I’ll take it.