Bhilwara Energy Ltd. Corporate Presentation. CAUTIONARY STATEMENT AND DISCLAIMER. This document is not and should not be construed to be, directly or indirectly , an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any Securities of Bhilwara Energy Ltd.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Per Capita Consumption of Electricity
Comparison with China
Large investment required to achieve Govt. target of per capita consumption of 1,000 KWh by 2012
Source: World Energy Outlook, 2006; Human Development Report 2007-08, Source: China Electricity Council, China Power Year Book, Government of India, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
Potentially 3rd largest electricity market globally By 20302
India is 3rd largest economy in PPP terms1
Indian Power Sector characterized by huge energy shortages(3)
Estimated to be the fastest growing economy In the world by 20122
Source: (1) World Bank; (2) International Energy Outlook 2006; (3) Report of Working Group on Power for Eleventh Plan (2007-12)
Perspective – pre reform period
Current – encouraging scenario
AWARD OF PROJECTS
Source: Planning Commission, CEA, Ministry of Power
Initiatives to encourage Hydropower
Share of Hydropower in Electricity Generation
Source: IEA - Key World Energy Statistics 2006, CEA.
Vast untapped Hydropower potential in India
Note: Data as on December 1, 2006 - excludes schemes below 3 MW upto March 2003 and upto 25 MW thereafter.
Failure to meet capacity addition targets has aggravated the demand and supply gap(2)
Significant additional capacity requirement (in GW)1
Widening demand supply gap
Huge opportunity for private sector participation
Inability of Centre/ State to meet capacity addition
Power sector reforms
Source:(1) Source: IEP, Expert Committee on Power, based on existing installed capacity of 135GW in India (2) White Paper on Strategy for Eleventh Plan, CEA
Group has been one of the early players in the Power Sector => strong sector knowledge at the strategic as well as operational level within the Group
Group has been one of the early players in the Power sector => Strong knowledge of the Power Sector at the strategic as well as operational level within the Group
Valuable experience of ICCS, in-house engineering consulting firm, across Hydro Power sector
Malana Power Co. Ltd
Malana HEP(86 MW) Bara Bangal HEP (200 MW)
SN Power, Norway
AD Hydro Power Limited
Allain Duhangan HEP (192 MW)
RSW International, Canada
Hydropower Engineering Consultancy Firm
Other hydropower projects under development of total capacity ~ 2239 MWBhilwara Energy Limited: An Overview
91.5% ownership of BEL with promoters and group companies with remaining 8.5% held by New York Life Investment Management India Fund, Jacob Ballas Capital India Pvt. Ltd. and WIH Holdings.