Instructions for teachers Start the game by clicking start arrow. To alter the timings of the game select slideshow – slide transition and alter the timing from 20 to whatever time you feel is appropriate.
1. Collecting and using natural resources e.g. farming, fishing, forestry and mining.
2. Where natural resources are turned into goods we can use fishing, forestry and mining.
3. Another name for secondary industries. Usually takes place in factories.
6. An industry that provides a service for people. Teachers and shop assistants are in this type of industry.
7. A place where raw materials and goods are sold. A group of people who buy raw materials or goods.
8. Putting together manufactured parts to make things such as computers or cars.
9. An area with modern buildings, designed for offices, services and small, high-tech factories,
10. Workers. Employed people. services and small, high-tech factories,
11. Natural resources that are used to make things. services and small, high-tech factories,
12. Industries using advanced machines and skilled people e.g. computers and electronics.
13. Energy needed to work machines and to produce electricity.
14. The place where a factory is located. electricity.
15. A system used in car making where components are supplied to the assembly line just hours before they are needed.
16. Places where things are made form natural resources and raw materials.
17. High-tech industries which use modern factories and often have their own research and development units.
18. Raw materials that are obtained from the environment e.g. water, coal, soil