AEROSPACE EDUCATION IN CIVIL AIR PATROL. Aerospace Education. Overview Brief history of AEO School Course Goal/Objectives Organizational Structure New Developments AE Mission Member AE (Internal) Outreach AE (External). Aerospace Education. Course Goal:
CIVIL AIR PATROL
After completing this course, each student will understand and be able to accomplish the duties and responsibilities of a DAE or AEO in CAP.
- New directorate – Missions
- includes all three CAP missions:
AE, CP, & Ops
AEROSPACE EDUCATION . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . that branch of general education concerned with communicating knowledge, skills, and attitudes about aerospace activities and the total impact of air and space vehicles upon society.
AEROSPACE EDUCATIONsupports science, math, and technology education while providing teachers with the tools to teach the required curriculum in an extraordinary way.
Member AE (Internal)
Six Learning Modules
- Introduction To Aerospace
- Aircraft Systems, Airports, and Airways
- Air Environment
- Space Environment
Comprehensive aerospace textbook
History of Airpower
Principles of Flight and Navigation
The Aerospace Community
Lesson plans and objectives
- 3 stages
- written phase
- hands-on phase
- official witness log
- Summer – June 30th
- Winter – December 31st
AEPSM (Yeager Test)
- based on study of AEROSPACE: The Journey of Flight
- test may be closed-book or open book
- required for all Aerospace Education Officers
- Yeager Test can be taken on-line
YEAGER AWARD . . . . . . . .
- earned for successful completion of Yeager test
- award consists of a ribbon and a certificate
AEROSPACE EDUCATION SPECIALTY TRAINING TRACK --- 215 T / 215 S / 215 M
- Experience requirements
- Knowledge requirements
- Test at each level (on-line)
- Must hold a leadership position
- Can work through the rating levels in one year
- If your primary assignment is as Aerospace Education Officer and you do not hold a master level rating, regulations require you to be training in this specialty track
A. SCOTT CROSSFIELD AEROSPACE
EDUCATION MASTER EDUCATION AWARD
- honors aviation pioneer A. Scott Crossfield
- award is a ribbon and a certificate
- certificate issued by National Headquarters
NATIONAL CONFERENCE CROWN CIRCLE FOR AEROSPACE EDUCATION LEADERSHIP (NCASE)
- Established in 1979, the Crown Circle is the highest award of the National Conference.
- Induction into Crown Circle [always as part of the National Conference program] is one of the most prestigious honors bestowed worldwide in the field of aerospace education.
- Nomination packages are sent to National Headquarters and must be postmarked by 1 January.
A. SCOTT CROSSFIELD AEROSPACE EDUCATION TEACHER OF THE YEAR . . . . . . . .
- Established in 1986 by aviation pioneer A. Scott Crossfield, this award recognizes and honors classroom teachers for their outstanding accomplishments in aerospace education and for their dedication to the students they teach.
- Presented as part of the NCASE program.
- Nomination packages must reach National Headquarters no later than 1 February.
CATEGORY I / CATEGORY II --- CADETS / SENIORS
- MUST be written for accomplishments in the previous calendar year ONLY
CATEGORY III --- INDIVIDUAL or ORGANIZATION (NON-CAP)
- for accomplishments over a continuous period of up to ten years
CATEGORY IV --- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT
- for accomplishments over a period of more than twenty years
Nominations due to Wing Headquarters by 1 February
Region selections to National by 1 March
National Awards presented at summer National Board
- selection based on evaluation of Wing Activity
- overview of all aspects of the Wing Aerospace Education program
- determines recognition for mission awards
- submit copies to DCS/AE and National Headquarters
- due at National Headquarters no later than 15 March each year
- documentation must be included
AEO Survival Kit
Plan of Action
Subordinate Unit Inspection
accomplishment & regulatory compliance programs
Staff Assistance Visits
CAP AE Website
Outreach AE (External)
Fly A Teacher
National Conference on Aviation and Space Education (NCASE)
Outreach AE (External)
INTERNAL AEROSPACE EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
EXTERNAL AEROSPACE EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Navy Museum, IMAX,
& Flight on Deck