Involvement of community-based organizations in the fight against Tuberculosis and TB/VIH co-infection in Burkina Faso. Dr Fodé SIMAGA firstname.lastname@example.org Cancun 2009. Contents. Introduction History of the project implementation The community response strategy Program Structure
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Involvement of community-based organizations in the fight against Tuberculosis and TB/VIH co-infection in Burkina Faso
Dr Fodé SIMAGA
National Programme funded by different Partners to support community-based organizations involved in the fight against HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis.
- Build community-based organizations' technical and financial capacity.
- Empower them to deliver quality services complementing the health system
- Empower them to become recognised actors.
It is about:
- implementing the community response of the National TB Programme;
- elaborating a community/CBO response implementation strategy respecting the demands of all actors,
- organizing and coordinating community actions,
- Build their capacity in a sustainable way
Taking into account health professionnals, community actors
- community support services
- a referral of TB symtomatics to the health center
Complementarity and synergy between community and health institutions with actions at national and regional levels
Sensitization: 11 regional networks
Treatment support: 1 regional network
CBOs (sensitization, referrals)
Traditional healers (referrals)
PLWHA org's (sensitization, referrals)
TB pts orgs (support, referrals)
Urban treatment support Org's (home visits, defaulter retreival, referrals)
! During these activities TB symptomatics will be referred to the health centers (referral sheets developed).
- permanent presence in the TB Tx/Dx centers
- Support to patients with adherence-to-treatment-related challenges
- home visits (with contact investigation and referral of symptomatics)
Suspected case referral to the health centers.
advocacy activities in the community.
In charge of controling the HIV-Tb co-infection.
(n.b. Challenges with estimated CDR [less than 20%] – most probably a gross-understimate – prevalence survey planned in 2010)
Global Fund Round 8 TB:
- Starting probably in January 2010
- PAMAC is becoming PR new challenges.
Thankyou for yourattention