ROSS ELEMENTARY School-wide Discipline Plan 2008 - 2009. 4890 Ross Road Memphis, Tennessee Roy Stone, Principal. Guiding Principles. A safe and appealing environment will help ensure that all students are treated with respect and dignity.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ROSS ELEMENTARYSchool-wide Discipline Plan2008 - 2009
4890 Ross Road
Roy Stone, Principal
Our vision for Ross Elementary is for all students to become high achieving, well-rounded citizens that appreciate and respect themselves and others. Our children will be prepared to emerge as lifelong learners and productive contributors to a diverse society.
The mission of Ross Elementary is to provide a secure atmosphere that empowers each student to develop the academic and social skills necessary to become responsible, productive citizens.
To evaluate the progress of our current disciplinary plan, we are using the following indicators:
Blue Ribbon Data Website
Research, Evaluation & Assessment Dept. Data (REA)
To increase positive student behavior choices to reduce the number of disciplinary referrals
Name of School:
Discipline Committee is representative of the school faculty and includes an
Fill in the names of committee
members and designate a Team
*Indicates members mandated by MEA contract
Benchmark Testing (3 times per school year)
Progress Monitoring Tier II ( bi-weekly)
Progress Monitoring Tier III (weekly)
Find a place to talk with student(s)
Write referral &
Escort student to office
Rules and procedures will be provided via our school handbook, for students and parents during registration.
Teachers will reinforce school rules and procedures throughout the academic year by modeling and conducting role play activities.
Administration will conduct grade level assemblies to emphasize expectations for the academic school year.
Curriculum night will be held to review the school handbook and to discuss ways the school rules can be supported at home. (Strategies and ideas will be shared to reinforce teacher /parent collaboration.)
School -wide rules and expectations are recited daily during morning announcements.
Rewards and praises are given to encourage desirable behavior.
Consequences for negative behaviors are communicated to students and dealt with swiftly and fairly.
Our School supports character education in various ways:
- guidance counselor attends grade level meetings and provides information on defining bullying/intimidation, recognizing early stages, and providing strategies for addressing bullying
- guidance counselor is on hand at faculty meetings to provide professional development on bullying if necessary
- counselor provides peer mediation training based on teacher recommendations and disciplinary referrals
- counselor is available during morning meetings to provide training on bullying
- Classroom Guidance
- Peer Mediation
- Responsive Classroom
- Extra-curricular activities
- Anger Management Groups
- Guidance Counselor
- Classroom Teacher
- Activities sponsor
- School assigned District Personnel
Ross Elementary’s school safety plan is a comprehensive plan that incorporates procedures for fires, tornados, and other disasters.
8/13/08, 8/28/08, 9/26/08, 10/10/08, 11/13/08, 12/11/08, 01/16/09, 02/27/09, 03/27/09, 04/28/09, 05/14/09
- Morning Meeting
- Choice Board
- Student of the Week
- Actively Involved Student Learning
- Praise and Rewards are in place in all classrooms
- Conducive Atmosphere
- Quality work is displayed throughout building
- Ongoing reminders of school-wide expectations
- Positive relationships are created with all students
-Ongoing communication with parents
It is the mission of the In-School Suspension Program at Ross Elementary to improve the implementation of a behavior modification plan to improve student conduct.
- provide alternatives to home suspensions as a means for inappropriate behavior
- to be able to provide instruction to our students without interruptions within a safe environment
- be able to redirect students to their classroom setting with a moderate behavior outlook
Systems for Students with High-Risk Behavior
Systems for Students with At-Risk Behavior
Wide Systems for
Staff, & Settings
0.97% of Students
Parents and community partners are an integral part of the success of Ross Elementary School. To ensure parent and community input and cooperation, the following measures have been implemented:
Our School-wide Discipline Plan at Ross Elementary School is a comprehensive plan that involves a collaborative effort among students, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders to provide the safest, nurturing, non-threatening environment possible. Our plan is designed to foster a positive, healthy, learning environment that supports the well-being and academic success of every child.
Center for Safe & Drug Free Schools
Center for Safe & Drug Free Schools, Loc. SS146, Rt. 2
220 N. Montgomery, Memphis, TN 38104