Slide1 l.jpg
This presentation is the property of its rightful owner.
Sponsored Links
1 / 18

IT Project Management Tools Available for Use at the Utah Dept. of Health PowerPoint PPT Presentation


IT Project Management Tools Available for Use at the Utah Dept. of Health. The sooner you begin coding the later you finish. What is not documented has not been said. The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time the last 10% takes the other 90%. Fast - cheap - good: you can have any two.

Download Presentation

IT Project Management Tools Available for Use at the Utah Dept. of Health

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presentation Transcript


Slide1 l.jpg

IT Project Management Tools Available for Use at the Utah Dept. of Health

The sooner you begin coding the later you finish.

What is not documented has not been said.

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time the last 10% takes the other 90%.

Fast - cheap - good: you can have any two.

If it wasn't for the “last minute”, nothing would get done.

Chris Pratt

USIIS Technical Manager

[email protected]

8/25/2010


It project management tools available for use at the utah dept of health l.jpg

IT Project Management Tools Available for Use at the Utah Dept. of Health

  • Changepoint

  • RedMine

  • Microsoft Project

  • PHAccess Wiki


Changepoint it portfolio management l.jpg

ChangepointIT Portfolio Management

  • An enterprise solution which tries to manage everything related to an IT initiative.

    • Portfolio Management

      • Department goals, Project management, Activities or tasks

    • Resource Management

      • IT Staff, Time Sheets, Expenses, Billing Accounts

    • Contacts

    • Knowledge Search


Changepoint it portfolio management4 l.jpg

ChangepointIT Portfolio Management

  • Purchased by DTS

  • Enterprise-wide product

  • Currently used for time sheets by all DTS employees

  • Plans to expand use to other features?


Changepoint it portfolio management6 l.jpg

ChangepointIT Portfolio Management

  • Pros

    • A single product that does it all

    • Web accessible

  • Cons

    • Works with Windows IE only

    • Expensive

    • Complicated

    • Non-intuitive


Redmine flexible project management l.jpg

RedmineFlexible Project Management

  • A flexible open source project management web application written using Ruby on Rails framework

  • Has a large following and ample documentation online.

  • Installed at The Dept. of Health


Redmine flexible project management8 l.jpg

RedmineFlexible Project Management

  • Features

    • Flexible role based access control

    • Issue creation via email

    • Gantt chart and calendar

    • News, documents, and files management

    • Feeds and email notifications

    • Per project wiki and forums

    • Time tracking

    • Custom fields


Redmine flexible project management11 l.jpg

RedmineFlexible Project Management

  • Pros

    • Open Source

    • Web accessible

    • Back-end independent

    • Customizable

  • Cons

    • Could be made more user friendly


Microsoft office project better scheduling organization l.jpg

Microsoft Office ProjectBetter Scheduling organization

  • Commonly used for its project schedule features

  • Quickly and easily create a project schedule and assign tasks to staff

  • Microsoft also offers Project Server and Project Portfolio Server for more comprehensive project and portfolio management.


Microsoft office project better scheduling organization14 l.jpg

Microsoft Office ProjectBetter Scheduling organization

  • Pros

    • Easy to use

    • Clear and well organized information

    • Gantt charts

  • Cons

    • Low on features

    • More difficult to share between users


Phaccess a custom udoh solution l.jpg

PHAccessA Custom UDOH Solution

  • An evolving UDOH IT tool integrating project management into a simple project tracking/management web application

  • Developed in-house by Jon Reid

  • Written in PHP, using a MySQL backend

  • Feature enhancements driven by UDOH personnel

  • Https://health.utah.gov/phaccess


Phaccess a custom udoh solution17 l.jpg

PHAccessA Custom UDOH Solution

  • Pros

    • UMD authentication

    • Highly customizable

    • Clear user interface

    • Web accessible

  • Cons

    • Low on features


Slide18 l.jpg

Warning:

dates in the

calendar are closer

than you think.


  • Login