Step 1. Application and Intake. 1. Complete application process; 2.5 GPA, written essay, questionnaire, and Cornel Critical Thinking test and successfully interview with the Program Director. . Step 2. Determine Highly Qualified and Not Highly Qualified . 2. Highly Qualified in core content area: Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Music, or Art; possibly PE, Business, Marketing and Speech/ Not Highly Qualified until after passing the required TExES exam: EC-4/6, 4-8 Generalist, Spe9448
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Steps To Teaching
2. Step 1. Application and Intake
1. Complete application process; 2.5 GPA, written essay, questionnaire, and Cornel Critical Thinking test and successfully interview with the Program Director.
3. Step 2. Determine Highly Qualified and Not Highly Qualified
2. Highly Qualified in core content area: Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Music, or Art; possibly PE, Business, Marketing and Speech/ Not Highly Qualified until after passing the required TExES exam: EC-4/6, 4-8 Generalist, Special Education EC-12.
4. Step 3. Pre-Service Academy
3. Begin phase 1 (Pre-Service Academy).
Complete phase 1 training schedule as outlined in the Pre-Service Academy Syllabus &
complete field experience hours (30 hrs – 15hrs on video
and 15 hrs in classroom).
5. Step 4. Receive HQ Letter
4. Receive HQ letter for those already deemed HQ and begin submitting applications to various school districts. Those who are not HQ (EC-4/6, 4-8 Gen and Special Education EC-12 will receive HQ letter once the content or TExES exam is passed.
6. Step 5. Accept a Teaching Position
5. Successfully Interview and accept a teaching position. Immediately contact program. Apply for probationary certificate ($52) and finger printing ($57).
7. Step 6. Teach Under Paid Internship 6. Begin phase 2 and attend on-going training sessions, 16 meetings, typically Monday evenings from 6-9pm. Complete Marzano study guide and online training modules. Must also be observed and supervised (4 times) by field supervisor assigned to you by A Career in Teaching – EPP and be assigned a campus mentor in collaboration with A Career in Teaching and the campus principal.
8. Step 7. TExES Exams and PPR Exam 7. For those of you HQ 8-12 ELA, Math, Science , Social Studies, must take TExES exam during 1st semester of teaching (fall). If you fail must retake until you pass. For those of you already HQ by exam, EC-4/6, 4-8 Gen and EC-12 Special Education you will take the PPR TExES exam only. Everyone will be provided test preparation for the PPR in Jan/Feb. Everyone must pass PPR for certification.
9. Step 8. Field Supervisor & Principal Recommendation Form & Fees
8. April/May receive principal and field supervisor recommendation letter and complete all program requirements to include training sessions (approximately 311 clock hours) and internship fees. Recommendation letters will be provided by your Field Supervisor or A Career in Teaching office staff.
10. Step 9. Standard Certificate
Apply for Standard certificate ($77) and receive full certification. Please communicate with program if you have any problems. 361-980-8861