TUFESA / ITUAE (Education Trade Unions in Albania) Education Trade Unions and CHILD LABOUR IN ALBANIA BACKGROUND TUFESA / ITUAE -the largest and the most important TUs in the education sector in Albania.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- 1991 - 1999: members’ protection,
- 2000 onwards: expansion of the scope (education reform, strategy and quality of education, child labour elimination.)
Child labourand child trafficking are a problem in Albania.
- Street working, round 10 000,
- Farming: between 15 000 and 20 000
- Collecting garbages, 4 000 - 5 000
- Cloths and shoes industry, 3 000 - 4 000
- Conference on “TU against child labour in Albania” (ICFTU –KSSH, BSPSH, TUFESA – ILO IPEC).
- 55 teachers engaged in working groups and activities
- 130 pupils from 6 schools of 3 districts, subject of individual work
(60 girls in Tirana suburbs, 30 Roma pupils in Elbasan,
30 pupils from Macedonian minority,Korca)
- Activities with pupils and results: 18 turned back in school, 32 out of risk to drop out of school, 24 improvements in school performance
- Working groups, monitoring system, workshops, (more than 100 local leaders trained),
- Collaboration with Ministry of Educ, local government, other NGO
- Comunication with members, Magazine, website, publications
- Motivation of teachers, involving pupils and parents
- Some 1 100 teachers engaged concretely …
- Some 1550 pupils turned back in schools or out of risk to drop out,
- decrease the number of working children in selected districts by 15 per cent and in national level by 8 per cent,
- decrease the number of pupils dropped out from the school, by 25 percent in selected districts and by 12 percent in national level.
- Enlarging the number of teachers engaged and i
- Invloving other branch trade unions
- Conference: ITUC, KSSH, BSPSH, October 2004)
- Adoption of Special Resolution in the Congresses of KSSH in November 2004,
- Round Table on other branch trade union involvement, October
- Another Round Table will be organised in April
-Participating: EI, repersent. from 6 countries of the region,
- Discussions, a working plan elaborated, a follow-up activity needed.
in the FSASH and KSSH Congresses,
- For the first time, fsash/spash engegement, Ministry support,
- Achievements-basis for further insistence-remuneration