Green Government Contracts & Grants. Jean Waters Energy and Environmental Engineer Nebraska Business Development Center. President Obama President Obama signs Executive Order 13514, Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance . Executive Order 13514 .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Energy and Environmental Engineer
Nebraska Business Development Center
1.Reduce GHG emissions
2.Improve water use efficiency and management
3.Promote pollution prevention and eliminate waste
4.Advance regional and local integrated planning
5.Implement high performance sustainable building design, construction, operation and management, maintenance, and deconstruction
6.Advance sustainable acquisition
7.Promote electronics stewardship
8.Sustain environmental management systems
Goal: 28% Reduction in GHG by 2020
Reduce potable water consumption by 2% annually and 26% by FY 2020
Reduce industrial, landscaping, and agricultural water consumption by 2 % annually or 20% by FY 2020.
Identify, promote and implement water reuse strategies to reduce potable water consumption
Minimize the generation of waste and pollutants through source reduction.
• Divert > 50% of solid waste by FY 2015.
• Divert > 50% of construction and demolition debris by FY 2015.
• Increase the quantity of compostable and organic material diverted from waste stream.
• Reduce printing paper use.
Minimize quantity of toxic and hazardous chemicals and materials
• Implement integrated pest management and other landscape management practices.
• Increase use of alternative chemicals and processes.
• Decrease the use of chemicals where this will assist in achieving GHG reduction goals
Design all new Federal buildings to achieve zero-net energy by 2030
Use cost-effective, innovative strategies such as highly reflective and vegetated roofs