Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Explain the mutual obligations of the feudal system In exchange for military and other services, a lord (landowner) granted land to a vassal.
2. Explain why the feudal system often resulted in complicated alliances The same noble might be a vassal to several different lords
3. Describe feudal social classes There were three groups
Those who fought
Those who prayed
Those who worked
Social Class was usually inherited
4. Explain the mutual obligations between lord and serfs under the manor system In exchange for housing, land and protection, serfs had to perform tasks to maintain the estate and to pay several different kinds of taxes
5. Explain why the serfs rarely had to leave their manor The manor was practically self-sufficient, producing almost everything needed for daily life
6. Explain why the serfs accepted their economic hardships Acceptance was part of Church teachings; they believed that God decided people?s social position