EAST ASIA. Geography 200 Dr. Stavros Constantinou . CHINA: LOCATION AND SIZE. China is located between 54 degrees N and 18 degrees N (the latitudinal extent of the country is 36 degrees). The Tropic of Cancer passes close to the city of Guangzhou (Canton).
Dr. Stavros Constantinou
(1) The Upper Chang - the westernmost, the Sichuan (Red Basin ), contains China's largest population clusters.
(2) Middle Chang - Begins in the vicinity of Yichang to the area west of Nanjing.
(3) Lower Chang (Land of Rice and Fish) forms a delta that merges with that of the Huang He. Yangzi.
China's Climatic controls:
2. Entisols: Soils consisting of mineral solid lacking soil horizons that would persist after normal plowing.
3. Aridisols: Soils of dry climates, with or without argillic horizons, and with accumulations of carbonate or soluble salts.
Cities may be organized into four groups: