Watersheds. More miles of navigable waterways than any other state.Three drainage groups in AlabamaTennessee ValleyMobile BasinCoastal Drainage. . Interesting Facts. Mobile basin has a greater daily water yield per square mile than the Mississippi, the Columbia, or the Colorado.Wilson Dam was the first hydroelectric plant for TVA.Six coastal rivers in Alabama empty directly into the Gulf of Mexico..
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Alabama Ecology
5. Interesting Facts Mobile basin has a greater daily water yield per square mile than the Mississippi, the Columbia, or the Colorado.
Wilson Dam was the first hydroelectric plant for TVA.
Six coastal rivers in Alabama empty directly into the Gulf of Mexico.
6. Endangered and Threatened Species Indiana bats and grey bats
Species of darters and cavefish
Red hill salamander
Alabama beach mouse
Species of mussels
7. Points of Interest The deepest gorge east of the Rockies is Little River Canyon in northeast Alabama.
The highest point in Alabama is Mount Cheaha in Cheaha State Park.
Wetumpka has a meteor crater.
17. Invasive species A non-native species competes with a native species; the native loses.
Examples: plants, birds, river
Invasive Species Species
APHIS Web -- PPQ -- Managing the Japanese Beetle A Homeowner's HandbookProfiles
18. Places of Interest 3 National Forests: Bankhead, Talladega, Conecuh
Sipsey Wilderness in the Bankhead
5 National Wildlife Refuges: Wheeler, Bon Secour, Choctaw, Mountain Longleaf, Eufaula
State Parks: Wheeler, Monte Sano, Desoto, Cheaha, Horseshoe Bend, Eufaula, many more