Final Examination Review Questions. 1. Be able to define and defend your definition of physical education. 2. What are at least three specific outcomes of the cognitive, affective, and physical fitness and motor skill development objectives of physical education?
Related searches for Review Questions
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. What are at least three specific outcomes of the cognitive, affective, and physical fitness and motor skill development objectives of physical education?
3. What is (are) the difference(s) between the basic movement skills and physical fitness within the psychomotor objectives?
4. What are two specific examples of each of the three physical education objectives?
6. What are the similarities and differences between the subject matter, methodologies, teachers' roles, students' roles, and evaluation procedures for the five traditional philosophies as applied to physical education?
7. Is physical education an academic discipline? Why or why not?
8. Name and define (or explain) the exercise and sport sciences.
9. Explain the unique contributions of each of the exercise and sport sciences.
11. What are the six associations that comprise the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and name one example of the programs of each?
12. What are two career options and the necessary preparation for each in these physical education and sport careers? a) Teaching in schools b) Teaching in non-traditional settings c) Fitness development d) Fitness rehabilitative e) Athletics in schools 1) Athletics in colleges and universities g) Sport Management in business and industry h) Sport Management in schools i) Sport Marketing j) Sport Communication
13. Why is goal-setting important? education.
14. What factors should influence your career choice(s)?
15. What types of experiences can you gain while a student that will enhance your marketability following graduation?
16. Which career options related to physical education would require graduate degree(s)?
17. What is the Greek Ideal?
19. Describe the Spartan system of military training?
20.What took place at the palaestra in early Athens? Who went there?
21. What took place at the gymnasium in early Athens? Who went there?
22. Why did the late Athenians lose interest in physical development?
23. Name several regulations for competition in the Olympics.
25. What was the goal for the Romans during the Republic?
26. What were the favorite pastimes of the Romans during the Empire?
27. What was chivalry?
28. Name several activities of a squire.
29. What was a joust?
31. What is the importance of the Renaissance to physical education?
32. What was the theme of the physical education program at the Philanthropinum?
33. Name the five areas of GutsMuths' program.
34. What was the theme of turner gymnastics?
35. Describe what occurred at a turnplatz.
36. Name several characteristics of Adolph Spiess' program of school gymnastics.
37. Name Per Henrik Ling's four themes or areas of emphasis for Swedish gymnastics. Which was most important?
38. What was a Day's Order? Who developed it?
39. What country had the first normal school for physical education and the first requiredphysical education for school children?
40. Define the British Amateur Sport Ideal.
42. What program of exercises did Catharine Beecher develop and why?
43. What system of gymnastics or physical education was taught at each of these institutions?
44. What was the original purpose of the 1889 Boston Conference on Physical Training?
45. What type of program did Edward Hitchcock have at Amherst College?
46. How did Dudley Sargent use anthropometrics?
47. What was the significant of the Harvard Summer School?
48. What was the “Battle of the Systems”?
49. Who called the first meeting which led to the establishment of the Association for the Advancement of Physical Education?
50. Amherst College?Who was the first female professor of physical education?
51. Who were the “new physical educators” and what did each emphasize in his or her curriculum of philosophy?
52. Who started the Public Schools Athletic League and why?
53. What have been the leading recreational pursuits in each of the decades since 1930?
54. What occurred in the United States when results of the Kraus-Weber Minimal Muscular Fitness Test were published?
55. Why was the Amateur Athletic Union established?
56. Who started men’s college athletics?
57. Why was the National Collegiate Athletic Association established?
58. Why did faculty initially oppose men’s collegiate athletics?
60. Did the Women's Division of the National Amateur Athletic Federation promote or oppose women in international competition? Why?
61. What philosophy permeated and dominated women’s approach to physical activity in the 1920s-1960s?
62. What is a play day and a sports day?
63. Why was the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women established?
64. athletics?What are two examples of the content standards in physical education?
65 What are several of the trends and issues facing physical education?
66. What are the five principles that explain how basic movement skills are most successfully learned?
67. What are three examples of the competencies of elementary, middle, and secondary school physical education teachers?
68. What is inclusion?
69. athletics?What is the implication of Title IX for physical education and sport programs?
70. What is negligence and what is required for it to be proven?
71. What are four defenses against negligence?
72. What are several guidelines that should be followed by physical educators to avoid the charge of negligence?
73. What are causes and possible solutions for burn‑out?
74. What are the values, problems, and solutions of youth sport programs?
75. What are the values, problems, and solutions associated with interscholastic sports?
76. What are the major issues facing intercollegiate sports?
77. What are several possible strategies that could resolve the issues facing intercollegiate athletics?
78. How do amphetamines, barbiturates, and anabolic steroids impact athletics?
79. What are the major issues facing the Olympics?
80. What is the future of physical education, exercise science, and sport?