Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids. Anabolic: stimulate muscle growth Androgenic: stimulate male sex characteristics. Androstane. Male Sex Hormones. Before Castration. After Castration. It was deduced that a secretion of the testes was responsible for male sex characteristics.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Anabolic: stimulate muscle growth
Androgenic: stimulate male sex characteristics
Testis extract: High activity
1. Kochakian, C. D. “History of Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids.” Anabolic Steroid Abuse. 1990, 29-50.
2. Block, John H. Beale, John M. Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Pa: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2004.
3. Kochakian, C. D. “The Effects of Male Hormone on the Protein and Energy Metabolism of Castrate Dogs.” Journal of Nutrition. 1935. 437-59.
4. Bowers, A. Edwards, J. “Steroids: Ring A Modified Hormone Analogs, Part 1.” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 6. 1962.
5. Celotti, F. Cesi, P. “Anabolic Steroids: A review of their effects on the muscles, of their possible mechanisms of action and of their use in athletics.” Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 43(5). 1992. 469-77.
6. Krieg, M. “Characterization of the androgen receptors in the muscle of the rat.” Steroids 28. 1976. 261-74.
7. Counsell, R. E. Adelstein, G. W. “!9-Nor- and 19-Substituted 5a-Androst-2-ene Derivatives” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1966. 685-9.
8. Delbeke, Frans T. “Prohormones and Sport.” Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 83. 2003. 245-51.