• Updated On :
  • Presentation posted in: General

Download Presentation


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presentation Transcript


4. Student Visa Conditions & ESOS www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/students.htm Students must: Keep Address up-to-date through WES Maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the student visa Enrolled Full Time Enrolled as On Campus To enrol in on-line subjects, students must seek approval from their respective faculties Have Permission to Work granted on their visa in order to work in Australia (a maximum of 20 hours per week during semester, and unlimited hours per week during semester breaks) If you have any further questions regarding your enrolment and how it affects your student visa, please contact Health, Wellbeing and Development (HWD) on 9905 3156 or [email protected]

5. Condition 8101 You can not work in Australia. You may apply for Permission to Work once you have arrived in Australia and commenced your course Condition 8104/8105 You are allowed to work in Australia, maximum of 20 hours per week during semester, and full time during semester breaks. Condition 8202 You must remain enrolled in a full time registered course and meet your course requirements Condition 8501 You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance during your stay in Australia Student Visa Conditions

6. Condition 8516 You must continue to satisfy the requirements for grant of your student visa. For example, your main course of study must continue to be a course in the education sector that matches your student visa, and that you must continue to have sufficient financial capacity to support your study and stay in Australia Condition 8532 If you are under 18, You must maintain accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements that have been approved by your education provider. You must not change those arrangements without the written approval of your education provider Condition 8533 You must notify your education provider of your residential address in Australia within 7 days of arriving in Australia Student Visa Conditions

7. Student Visa Conditions – Subclasses Subclass 573 – Higher education Courses/Qualifications: Diploma, Advance diploma (matter pending), Bachelor degree, Graduate certificate, Graduate diploma, Master degree including master by coursework Subclass 574 – PG Research Courses/Qualifications: Master degree by research, Doctoral Degree (PhD) Subclass 576 – Australian Government (AusAID and Defence) sponsored Courses/Qualifications: Full time course of all types undertaken by AusAID or defence students sponsored by the Australian Government

8. Permission to Work www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/students.htm All Student visas issued after 26th April 2008 should automatically come with Permission to Work attached (with Condition 8105 on their visa) Student visa holders (with Condition 8105 on their visa) are allowed to work 20 hours per week during semester and unlimited hours during Semester breaks If you currently do not have Permission to Work attached to your Student visa, You can apply for Permission to Work online or through paper based application. Register your course commencement with Health, Wellbeing and Development (located in Level 1, Building 10, Clayton campus centre) The cost is $60 (pay by Credit Card or BPAY) which you will need to make to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)

9. AusAID Students (Subclass 576) will only get Permission to Work once they have successfully completed the first semester of their studies and they are not subjected to the application fee of $60 However, those AusAID students who are studying PhD will be able to get Permission to work in the first 6 months of their course The husbands and wives of AusAID students who are dependant on their partners Student visa can get Permission to Work when their ‘student’ partners are studying in Semester 1. The students themselves must wait until their second semester (in this case tick ‘Family Member only’ on the application form) Permission to Work – AusAID Students www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/students.htm

10. Tax File Number (TFN) www.ato.gov.au A TFN is a unique number issued by the tax office You will need a TFN to work in Australia You may be asked by the bank to provide a TFN You can apply for a TFN on-line at or download a paper version and submit by post or in-person, it is a free process and you will not be charged

11. Health, Wellbeing and Development http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/community-services/ Professional, caring Staff Provides a wide range of services Easy access-on campus Confidential Services either free or discounted to students

12. Counselling Service http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/community-services/counselling Counselling Service Registered male and female psychologists Student Counsellors (available for both local and international students)

13. Contact Us

14. Student Service Centre http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/service-centre/ Our services include: Academic Transcripts Student letters Parking permits Monash Community Card Public Transport Concessions University Payments : Fees, Halls, OSHC, Student loans, Library Fines, 10,000 steps, Vaccinations, Invoice payments Student & Staff ID cards General campus enquiries Enquiries regarding Enrolments; Fees; Graduations; Scholarships; Exams

15. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) https://www.oshcworldcare.com.au To apply for your OSHC card please visit the website. For general enquiries, please call 13 14 84 The doctors at Community Services bulkbill (for consultation you do not need to pay upfront, all you have to do is show your OSHC card)

16. WorldCare Assist – How to Find a Doctor https://www.oshcworldcare.com.au

17. WorldCare Assist – Order Your Card https://www.oshcworldcare.com.au

18. Monash Student Association http://www.msa.monash.edu.au General Student Information services Student clubs Book binding Student Welfare Undergrad Mature Age and Part Time Students Lounge (upstairs) Childcare Short Course Centre Student Rights Service

19. Health Service http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/community-services/health/ Health Services Doctors (male and female) General medical service Allergy testing Sexual Health and screening Sports medicine Pathology Immunisations Travel Health

20. Australia’s Health System You can buy over-the-counter (OTC ) medicines for self-treatment from pharmacies, supermarkets and health food stores. You need a doctor's prescription to buy more specialised medicines from a pharmacist. For illnesses such as the flu, a local General Practitioner is first consulted. People in Australia go to hospital if they need specialist treatment or if they are very ill. Ambulances are a very expensive service and are not covered by your OSHC unless there is a valid reason for use.

21. What to do in case of an emergency? Emergency and Crisis (24 hours) 000 Police Ambulance and Fire Brigade 000 Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA) 1800 806 292 Gambler’s Help 1800 156 789 Lifeline (24 hours counselling service) 131114 Poisons Information Centre 131126 After hour counseling line 9621-2600


23. Monash University International Student Service http://www.msa.monash.edu.au/supportservices/muiss.htm Support and advice from students just like you Events such as Multicultural Week Referral to other services The opportunity to make friends with other international students Student Lounge

24. MPA – Monash Postgraduate Association www.mpa.monash.edu.au Participate in events, such as: BBQs Workshops & Seminars Forums English Conversation Coffee clubs

25. Food http://www.monash.edu/international/campuses/lpclayton/ On Campus The Deli Pizzeria Chicken Bar CoffeeHQ Monash Meeting Point Juice Babe Noodle Box

26. Language and Learning ITS Library Computer Access

27. You can: Borrow books, DVDs and videos Use computers Access information for your assignments in Library databases, my.monash and the internet Listen to lectures online Watch DVDs and videos Print or download past exams Study individually or in groups Clayton Libraries www.lib.monash.edu.au

28. Language and Learning www.monash.edu.au/lls General courses Academic writing, grammar, editing Presentation and study skills Conversation classes Language, media and culture Faculty/subject specific courses e.g. legal language for commercial law Individual and group consultations e.g. Book an individual consultation for intensive skill enhancement Located at Matheson Library

30. Authcate Access and My.Monash Go to www.monash.edu.au and click on my.monash portal for Email, Web Enrolment System, Change of Address, Search Library Catalogue, Results by SMS, Free on-line Computer Training, Buy Print Credits, Monash Marketplace

31. MUSO http://muso.monash.edu.au/

32. Allocate Timetable System http://allocate.its.monash.edu.au/ Use WES to enrol your subjects, then access your timetable on Allocate+ Browse and choose available timeslots for your enrolled units View and make changes to your timetable

34. Chaplaincy http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/community-services/chaplaincy/clayton/ The Religious Centre is located in Building 9 next to the campus centre. Students of all faiths are welcome to access this centre The Salaam Monash Handbook and Prayer Timetables are available for Muslim students, collect at Building 10 or check www.monash.edu/international/religion/salaam/ Friday Prayers held weekly at the Clayton Mosque at 16 Beddoe Ave, Clayton Male and female Prayer Rooms located in the Religious Centre

36. Monash Residential Services www.mrs.monash.edu.au On Campus Accommodation Assistance & Advice Off Campus Accommodation Advice & Information Residential Tenancy Advice & Information Located in: Bld. 47 Operations Building Open: Tuesday 1pm-5pm Phone: 9905 6463

37. Accommodation and Tenancy Advice http://www.mrs.monash.edu.au/off-campus/

38. Accommodation Database http://www.monyx.monash.edu.au/mrs/search/search.cfm

40. Monash Sports http://www.sport.monash.edu.au/ Gymnasium Gym & Fitness Memberships Personal Training Group Exercise Pool Trips & Tours High Performance Swimming Sporting Clubs Inter-Uni Sport Social Sport Gym membership only $61 per month or $520 for 12 months Gym + All Memberships are $76 per month or $700 for 12 months (Direct debit option is also available)

42. Monash University Bus Loop www.msa.monash.edu.au/transport

43. Inter-Campus Transportation & Parking http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/facserv/campuses/clayton/departments/transport/ http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/facserv/info/parking An inter-campus bus (Mon – Fri) runs between Caulfield and Clayton campuses every 25 minutes, between 7:30 am and 9:15 pm. It departs from the bus loop A free evening security bus (Mon-Thurs) circles the Clayton available for students and staff departs from the Main Library These services operate Monday to Friday from Orientation Week until the end of the exam period. Blue parking permits for 2008 are on sale. For more info see the website

44. Public transport in Melbourne consists of buses, trains and trams, and they are divided into two zones: Zone 1(Yellow) and Zone 2 (Blue) Zone 1 (Yellow) is made up of central Melbourne Zone 2 (Blue) includes all the surrounding areas in Melbourne Monash Clayton campus is located in Zone 2 and Monash Caulfield campus is located in Zone 1 The same ticket is valid to travel on trains, buses, and trams in their according zones Public Transport in Melbourne http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/

45. Public Transport in Melbourne http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/ Prices for Zone 1 tickets are: Two hour ($3.50), all day ($6.50), Weekly ($28), Monthly ($104.40) and Yearly ($1117) Prices for Zone 2 tickets are: Two hour ($2.70), all day ($4.60), Weekly ($19.20), Monthly ($70) and Yearly ($748) Sunday Saver and Weekend Daily Sunday Saver ($2.90) – allows you to travel in Zone 1 and 2 all day on Sunday 5 x Weekend Daily ($14.50) – allows you to travel daily in Zone 1 and 2 on either day of the weekend Authorised Officers (Inspectors) employed by public transport operators (train, tram and bus) regularly patrol the network to ensure that passengers comply with ticketing and behavioural requirements while travelling on or using public transport services and facilities. Fines ranging from $162 to $216 will be issued to passengers in the failure to comply with public transport regulations.

46. At current International students are not eligible for public transport concession and purchase tickets at a concession fare AusAID students who are undertaking their undergraduate degree will be eligible for public transport concession AusAID students who are studying Postgraduate degrees will not be eligible for public transport concession cards Public Transport Concession

47. Driving and Obtaining a Driver’s Licence http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/ If you are in Victoria on a temporary visa, you can drive on your overseas licence (provided it is a current, valid licence) for an indefinite period provided your overseas licence is in English (or you have an official English translation), or you have an International Driving Permit To obtain a Victorian driver licence please contact VicRoads


49. Fun Programs to get involved in….

50. Language Exchange Program

51. Peer Mentor Program

52. Global Friendship Night http://www.adm.monash.edu.au/community-services/globalfriendshipnight/index.html Make new friends and find out about other cultures! Free food provided

53. Shopping http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/info.cfm?top=259&pg=3059 Closest Shopping Centres Clayton Road Shops -Near Railway Station Supermarket, Halal Supplies, Butcher, Fresh Fish, Restaurants, Officeworks Bus 631 (Southland), 703 (Middle Brighton), 733 (Oakleigh) Chadstone Shopping Centre – Cnr of Chadstone Rd and Princes Hwy Department Stores, Electricals, Supermarkets, Fashion, Cinema, Homewares Bus 742, 800, 802, 804, 862 (Oakleigh) Pinewood Shopping Centre –Cnr of Pinewood Dv and Blackburn Rd Supermarket, Newsagent, Subway, Take Away Food, Butcher Bus 703 (Blackburn), 737 (Croydon) Brandon Park Shopping Centre - cnr of Springvale and Ferntree Gully Supermarket, Food Court, Homewares + Freedom Furniture – opposite side The Glen Shopping Centre Department Stores, Supermarkets, Fashion, Cinema, Homewares Bus 737 (Croydon)

  • Login