Objective. provide the radiologist with better view of the Ultrasound image through reducing the noise without destroying important features .. Outline. Introduction.Ultrasound equipment.Some Definitions.Programs method.Results.comparison Between different filters.conclusion
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Speckle Reduction in Ultrasound Image Prepared by:
Osama O. AbuSalah & Almoutaz Alhumaid
Dr. Ali Saad
2. Objective provide the radiologist with better view of the Ultrasound image through reducing the noise without destroying important features .
3. Outline Introduction.
comparison Between different filters.
conclusion & future work.
4. Introduction ultrasound machine participates strongly in the assistance of medical diagnosis and treatment.
Ultrasound imaging is gaining more and more importance in medical practice nowadays.
So its very important to gain the best results possible.
5. Ultrasound Equipment
6. definitions Speckle:
A form of multiplicative noise corrupts medical Ultrasounds imaging making visual observation difficult.
speckle noise removal by means of digital image processors to extract useful information about the scene being imaged.
7. Program method We used a Read & Write program that works on TIF images only.
Read program converts image gray scale pixels into digital values.
The filter deals with numeric values
Write program converts back digital value into gray scale.
8. Spatial Filter method The method works by using a window as a sub image to estimate statistical measures. The sub image consist of neighborhood pixels which is called window (3x3, 5x5, 7x7,……).