SOURCE SELECTION PROCESS. Fran Gomes and Sally Merritt NAVFAC Midwest. PURPOSE OF SOURCE SELECTIONS. Used for “best value” procurements When the Navy wants to evaluate price and other factors “low bid” contracts (Sealed Bid/Invitation for Bid process) are now rarely used by our office.
Fran Gomes and Sally Merritt
Historical information on proposer
- financial capability
- past performance
- relevant experience
- key personnel
Quality of proposed product or service
- project organization
- work procedures – safety and quality control
TechnicalPriceCompany A exceptional $1,000,000Company B acceptable $ 900,000Company C marginal $ 800,000Who do you award the contract to?
Offerors without a record of relevant past performance or for whom information is not available may not be evaluated favorably or unfavorably on past performance.
Government considers past performance information provided by the proposer as well as information obtained from any other sources available.
- design solution narrative
- conceptual building design
- sustainable design features
- schedule and phasing plan
- equipment schedule
- durability/quality of materials
- may request clarifications – either to correct minor or clerical errors, or to resolve adverse past performance information
- may make an award based upon initial proposals
- may make a competitive range determination and open discussions with all contractors in the competitive range
the number of offerors
the identify of other offerors
the ranking/evaluation of the other offerors