Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Jumpers How to make them jump farther!
3. 5 BIOMOTOR ABILITIES
* All 5 bio-motor abilities must be
addressed at all times.
4. Combinations of Biomotor
Power = Strength + Speed
Agility = Skill + Speed
Mobility = Flexibility + Skill
5. Strength Training OWT
Cleans, snatch, jerk
Med to high resistance
Med to low reps
Multiple joint exercises (coordination)
Core weightlifting exercise
Squats (all types), press, dead lifts, etc…
High resist/low reps
Body Building (3 X failure or stage)
Increase endurance, helps with recovery & problems from OWT
6. Core builders… Ab’s
7. Speed training Goal- Increase optimal speed in
8. Plyometrics We use plyo’s and bounding as an opportunity to teach- proper foot mechanics and heel to butt, step over knee, lead with heel.
Hops or Bounds w/cones
Quality over quantity!
9. Things we do at The U. Lifting- feet together ? feet split
Combine Plyo’s and Lifting
Jamaican Jump Series (Lunges)
Combine Lifting and Balance
Speed and technique (cone drill)
Multi-throws for power
10. Commonalities of Jumps Approach (14-22 strides)
Drive phase (6 steps- 8 for elite)
Focus on accel angle, consistency and PUSH HARD not fast
Continuation phase (??)
Transition into Max Velocity
Transition Phase (last 4 steps)
Steering –about 4 steps out
11. Long Jump Penultimate step
Flight- focus on posture
13. Triple jump No pentultimate step
Foot placement, movement of hips, arms
15. Things that we do at The U. Break things down
Short approach jumps
Spring board and box drills
Medium approach jumps in meets
Focus on speed & technique
16. At The U. we believe in… Sprint mechanics. It is the foundation for all that is good, or bad!
That what you see is caused by something done earlier.
Change…if nothing ever changes –then nothing ever changes.