The Working River. Jason Stanek Wakana Takahashi School of Law School of Architecture & Planning. Niagara Power Project Robert Moses Power Plant & Lewsiton Pump-Generating Plant. 2,575,000 kilowatt generating capacity 325,000 additional kilowatts will be generated by 2006.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Jason Stanek Wakana Takahashi
School of Law School of Architecture & Planning
445,000 kilowatt block of power.
Expires in 2006.
Source: Niagara Redevelopment Act (1956)
16 USC §836.
250,000 kilowatt block of power.
Available within a thirty (30) mile radius from the hydro power facility.
Source: NYS Public Authorities Law Section 1005NYPA Power Products for WNY
Source: 9 NYCRR §4.20 (2001)
Source: NYS Assembly A-2058
1. Identify regional advantages and economic incentives
2. Identify Type of Industries/Businesses
3. Collect Site/Relocation Information
4. Link all information to form strategies to attract industries/businesses by employing “cheap power” as an incubator
1. Reliable energy/Clean water- Abundant Hydropower from Niagara
2. Well-educated, inexpensive workforce- workforce finished w/high school or more: over 75%
3. Short commuting distance- average 20 min./way
4. Inexpensive housing - Buffalo-Niagara MSA: $84,665/National: $100,583 (1998)
5. Location advantage - proximity to airport, Toronto and waterfront
6. Various economic advantages- Power for Jobs, Empire Zone Program
Identify Target Industries through research on:
Available Land-Brownfield Site
For Example…2715 Highland Ave.
City Niagara Falls (Niagara)
Total Acreage 3.67 AC
Present Zoning Commercial (C1)
Nearest Interstate I-190 (1.75 miles)
Rail Adjacent – Highland Ave.
Nearest Commercial Airport Niagara Falls International (6 miles)
Assessed Value $46,500.00
Designated Zone Part of parcel: NYS EDZ, Part of Niagara Falls Highland Ave. Redevelopment Plan
Contact Tom Tedesco, 716.286.8834
City of Niagara Falls (EDZ)