How can we protect our eggs?. What is the best way to protect an uncooked egg?. Hypothesis. I believe that an egg dropped from a height of eight feet will be best protected when wrapped in plastic drinking straws.. Materials. Five Grade A Large EggsMeasuring tapeChair or ladderMasking tapeLoaf of breadSaran wrapSmall Tupperware container with Styrofoam peanutsPlastic drinking straws(Curious cat not required).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Egg Drop Eggstravaganza Lori Miller
2. How can we protect our eggs? What is the best way to protect an uncooked egg?
3. Hypothesis I believe that an egg dropped from a height of eight feet will be best protected when wrapped in plastic drinking straws.
4. Materials Five Grade A Large Eggs
Chair or ladder
Loaf of bread
Small Tupperware container with Styrofoam peanuts
Plastic drinking straws
(Curious cat not required)
5. Procedure 1. Take an uncooked Grade A Large egg and wrap it in protective material.
2. Drop the egg from a height of eight feet.
3. Record whether it cracks/breaks or remains whole.
4. Repeat with this protective material four more times.
5. Repeat the process using a different protective material until you have tested at least four different materials. Materials used are a loaf of bread with saran wrap, a small Tupperware container with Styrofoam peanuts, masking tape, and plastic drinking straws.
7. Conclusion My hypothesis was proven to be incorrect. The best material for protecting uncooked eggs was the loaf of bread, not the wrapping made of plastic straws as I believed.
I have learned that there are different materials to protect uncooked eggs, and the best one is a loaf of bread.
I would like to repeat this experiment using other materials and dropping from different heights other than eight feet.