Alcoholism Myths Definitions & Models Effects of Alcohol Use Social Characteristics Theories of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches Myths Most alcoholics are skid-row bums Mixing drinks makes you drunk faster Black coffee or cold showers can sober you up
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. I deliberately tried to cut down or quit drinking but couldn’t.
3. Once I started drinking it was difficult to stop before becoming intoxicated.
4. I have had a quick drink when no one was looking.
5. I skipped meals when drinking.
6. I’ve woken up not remembering things I did while drinking.
7.I lost a job or nearly lost one because of drinking
8. My drinking contributed to getting hurt in an accident.
9. A physician suggested I cut down on drinking
10. I have missed work/school because of a hangover.National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism (1991)